Couture vs Lesnar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couture vs Lesnar

Whose going to win and why? This will be an exciting fight regardless of the winner.

http://www.ufc.com/
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Couture vs Lesnar

couture. Lesnar does not have the experience, and only a lucky punch will end it for him.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Couture. Lesnar is a meathead.

Comment

I'm not going to dismiss Lesnar that easily.

I watched the fight against Herring twice. The first time I was impressed with Lesnars speed and ability to control Herring easily. However I saw so many missed opportunities for submissions and just a general lack of offence from Lesnar.

When I watched it again I realised he was more offensive then I first thought with hammer fists and knees.

However Randy has a wealth of experince behind him. I think his submissions are a threat. Plus he can stand and throw. After seeing the Herring fight I think Randy is going to come out and have Lessnar chase him a bit and pepper him. Try not to let him get in a dominate position. Once Lessnar starts to tire in the later rounds Randy is going to make a move and ground and pound him. Or Lessnar is going to make a mistake and Randy will submit him for it.

But Lesnar is fast and strong, if he gets Randy down and controlls him well he may get a TKO from hammer fists? Like I said I'm not outright dismissing Lesnar like I did at first, he has posses a real threat.

My biggest fear is that the damn refs are going to sway this fight with a bad stand up or premature stoppage?:(

Comment

I want Couture to win but I'm betting on Lesnar. Lesnar has about 50 + pounds on Couture and it's amazing how quick he is for someone his size. Both are excellent wrestlers so it seems a draw and perhaps equal strikers. So it will be interesting fight but I'll give Lesnar the edge. I certainly hope it goes 5(?) rounds.

The winner needs to fight Fedor Emelianenko who could beat be either of them in my opinion.
          |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
          "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
          - Check me out on The Onion
          - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Lesnar start out in the WWE then went to football now is in UFC? Cant this kid find one career he is good at?
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
              Lesnar start out in the WWE then went to football now is in UFC? Cant this kid find one career he is good at?
              Of everything he's done UFC probably fits him best.

I'll admit I am tempted to watch this fight and I don't follow UFC at all.
              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Couture based upon experience. Still this fight should be interesting to watch.

Comment

I've got Lesnar to win. I've been following the fights for the past 6-8 months and saw how quick and strong Lesnar is. He's improving with each fight. No denying Couture's resume, and his was impressive in his last fight, but I think this is the "handing over of the mantle" fight. I really wish I could see this fight, but no way am I paying $50 for 2 hours of Rogan talking and only 1 hour of action.
                  "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
                  EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
                  PLAYSTATION®Network & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

I agree with you, Banyan. Joe Rogan is not a good commentator at all. As for Lesnar, I agree as well that he is improving with each fight. At least he signed with UFC, the premier MMA organization in US, unlike that poser Kimbo Slice.

Comment

Myself and some friends are going to a pizza place near my house to watch the fight. $5.00 at the door gets you in to watch the fight.......

I always like the underdog, however Lesnar doesn't have the UFC experience. He was a outstanding college and highschool wrestler though. I'm looking for an upset.

Faber just lost to Brown on WEC, what a shocker that was.....
                      "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

After watching Randy dismantle that big giant Tim Silvia dude to get the belt, I cannot imagine this Lesnar guy beating him. I watched the Herring fight, and that guy is WAY over rated..I have since gone back and watched others, and he just sucks..Hell, I might could beat Herring! ..Not really..I am a lover..not a fighter..:)

If there was a fight between Herring and Couture, it would end in like 3 seconds flat.

But I just think that unless there is a "lucky" punch, the Lesnar guy has no chance of beating Randy.
                        Hopefully it will be a great fight to watch and will last more than 30 seconds..
                        I am going to try to get to a restaurant/pub in town to watch it myself if I can get the kiddo to sleep early enough..and the wife will "let" me.! hahahhahaha

Comment

Originally posted by FL1Pmode View Post
                          Joe Rogan is not a good commentator at all.
                          I have been lucky enough to meet and speak with him for more than just a few minutes, and after that, I changed my opinion of Joe..I think he fits the job perfect...Did you know he is a stand-up comedian..? And freaking funny as hell too!!

Comment

I watched Joe Rogan commentating for quite a while now :)

And I just find him to be somewhat over-the-top when he should be more calm and collected. But thats just my opinion.

Comment

I met him when he was performing at a comedy club near Dallas, and he was killer on stage..is a totally different guy..and because I was kind of there "behind the scenes" with the music guy, we got to talk back stage and mess around and he was totally cool..telling us about all the chicks that try to get with him when he was on fear factor and how he wanted to tap it but knew he would get canned off the show.
                              He is ripped too man..he got muscles and works out with the karate dudes and stuff..he is no one to mess with, that is for sure..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X