Who is the Youngest Here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the Youngest Here?

I'm continuing this short series of threads that hopefully will paint a picture of the diversity of Tactical Gamer and show us other data that might be helpful to event organizers, TGU instructors, and the TG admins. :)

We now know that the oldest members here are: 74, 62, and 61.

The flip-side of the coin is: who's the youngest here?

Young TGers, please answer these questions:

1) How do you feel about your age?

2) What do you think of the older (and oldest) gamers?

3) What was the first game you played?

4) How did you come to know and be a part of Tactical Gamer?

5) What do you think you can contribute to Tactical Gamer?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Who is the Youngest Here?

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post

1) I feel it hinders me in-game and earns me right off the bat disrespect.

2) I respect them that they've been around for so long and have played some ancient games.

3) Ummmmm...hmmmm.... Backyard Baseball? First Online one was probably BF2142.

4)I started playing PR with some friends at a RACING league. We got interested, I got online, found the most populated English speaking server, which just happened to be TG. Kept getting kicked and was like, hmph stingy arent they? Dont let anyone join. Out of curiosity tried back the next day and got in played a bit, dont remember with who... Just kinda kept coming back each day to learn a bit more, decided one day I'd check out the website cuz I was curious. Was hooked ever since.

5)Maturity, respect, playing PR realistically, money (lol), etc.

Comment

Young TGers, please answer these questions:

1. Probably not the youngest here, but I'm in my mid-teens, not yet of driving age (wow specific I know ;).) It seems like some gamers automatically look down on you because of you're younger.

2. I have much respect for them, seeing as I really haven't been on the planet to see the rise of videogaming.

3. Super Mario 64. My next door neighbor had the game and I would go over to his house to play for hours. I remember getting my N64 for Christmas that year.

4. A buddy of mine had gotten me into online gaming and then 2142. He told me that he had found this awesome server where people actually squad up! I ended up in a squad with a TG member and boy were my eyes opened. I've been here ever since.

5. Well TG is a community of mature gamers, no reason the younger can't be mature. Respect, and another point of view.

Comment

1) I'm fairly comfortable about it. I've never had a problem at TG about being young. I have a bit of an issue with confidence when playing pubby (older players not taking orders from younger players, etc.), but never at TG.
        In real life, I feel ok about it as well. I'm at a fairly important time in my life (GCSEs this year, AS and A levels the next two years), so I'm gonna be making some big decisions that will affect the rest of my life. I try not to get too worried about large decisions, as I have my parents and an older brother to help me.

2) I don't mind how old someone is, if they give good orders and are respectful, courteous etc. then it doesn't matter how old someone is. I'll squad up with a 15 or 50 year-old, so long as they respect others who are trying to have fun playing a game.

3) Probably Medal of Honour: Allied Assault, or Star Wars Podracer. I played a few 'educational games' before that, but they weren't really games, just interactive learning programs.

4) I first encountered TG about 2 years ago, from a mixture of 2142 and PR. I remembered having fun on the TG 2142 server, so I added it to my favourites. I saw the TG PR server in the list, recognised the name, played a game on it, and had an absolute blast. I decided to have a look at 'tacticalgamer.com', registered, and it was great. I joined the Irregs a few months later.

5) Maturity, I suppose (like everyone else has said). I hope I am a good representation of TG on the servers, to encourage more players to join.
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

How old are you fighter. I think you might be the youngest?
          |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

I can't believe I'm actually posting here... Age:14(sophomore in highschool though)

1) I've never had a problem with it. Most people don't really seem to care, (or notice) and just play. I've also had some surprised people once they found out my actual age.

2) I don't care about anyone's age honestly, as long as it's not super young (with witch inevitabelly comes Immaturity and annoyingness). As long as people are mature, good humored, and fun to play, it's all good.

3) First game was probably Kirby's dreamland for the original Gameboy.

4) I discovered TG through BF2:PR about a year or so ago. It's a great server, has great rules/admins, and has great community. Ever since I signed up in the forums, I've begun exploring other TG supported games.

5) I guess the biggest thing I can contribute is to just play in the servers and try to make people's TG experience all the more tactical and enjoyful. That and encourage newcomers to TG to get more active.

Comment

Originally posted by google View Post
              I can't believe I'm actually posting here... Age:14(sophomore in highschool though)
              How can you be a sophmore
              |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

PR has quite a few younger players, and I really don't see age as a problem. If you are respectful and act mature I don't care how old you are. I'm actually surprised by the ages of some of our regulars, many of our younger players act far more maturely than people twice their age.

I'm not really young comparatively, but at 20 I'm probably one of the younger admins. No one really notices though, a few months ago someone even commented on whether or not I should be retiring soon :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                  PR has quite a few younger players, and I really don't see age as a problem. If you are respectful and act mature I don't care how old you are. I'm actually surprised by the ages of some of our regulars, many of our younger players act far more maturely than people twice their age.

I'm not really young comparatively, but at 20 I'm probably one of the younger admins. No one really notices though, a few months ago someone even commented on whether or not I should be retiring soon :).
                  Twenty, eh? Hmm, had thought you might have been in your thirties like the rest of the admins that I know. :p
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I wonder watch TG's average age is..?
                    sigpic
                    I'm Back.

Comment

Originally posted by BandaidBandit View Post
                      I wonder watch TG's average age is..?
                      That will be very hard to figure out seeing how many members we have. We could maybe take the ages of the active forum membership and take the average of that. It might not be a good sample of the population, but it could give us a good idea.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by warpig1292 View Post
                        How can you be a sophmore
                        I turn fifteen this schoolyear and I skipped a year.

Comment

I'm almost 37 (nov 28), but my wife is convinced I'm still in middle school. Does that count?
                          "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                          Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                          " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
                            I'm almost 37 (nov 28), but my wife is convinced I'm still in middle school. Does that count?
                            :row1_7: Maybe, you sure look funny in your walrus hat. :icon_lol:

To recap...

So far our youngest member is: Fighter, at 13 years old.

Close to him is a number of others from 14 though 36 (I mean 16...). ;)
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

my nephew is 9, he plays CSS with me when im on the server, his grandpa helped him make an account so he can play during lockdown last weekend