any anime fans out there

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: any anime fans out there

I own the entire Robotech series on DVD....

You said "anything" about anime...

Comment

www.inumod.com
      www.anime-forever.com

:-D
      Inuyasha rules

Comment

My four year old likes Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

This is animé right? :P

I been watching the Ghost In The Shell series, good stuff.

Comment

Read or Die was pretty good...
            I want to watch GITS, just havn't had time, and I want to start from episode 1

Comment

Macross Zero has some damn nice animations & cgi.
              Last Exile is a great series.
              Naussica of the Valley of the wind is due out SOON for american re-release through disney, uncut and with an all new english dub voice cast.
              USAR

Comment

my favorite japanese anime: rurouni kenshin
                reason: cuz it's just a really cool ronin-type of anime ;)
                _____
                my favorite hybrid anime: teen titans
                reason: overly used japanese expression with a mix of american characters
                _____
                my favorite american anime: teenage mutant ninja turtles
                reason: loved the old TMNT and the latest ones look really cool ;)

Comment

Gundam as you can obiviously see. Zeta Gundam came out recently and now I am trying to get into Ghost In the Shell. I have the movie but I need to pick up the Stand Alone Complex DVDs and the second movie.
                  RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                  TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                  7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                  "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                  "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

anybody watched "hi hi puffy ami yumi"? i think the drawings on the characters are really cute :)

Comment

I should add: I hate "anime faces" with a passion. There is nothing more annoying than watching some great action scene with heads getting chopped off while blood and gore spills everywhere, then 5 seconds later some girl makes a comment and the hero makes this stupid distorted face while screaming or doing something else stupid.

Kenshin, Inuyasha, and Full-Metal Alchemist would be so much better if they didn't have that crap.

PS: I didn't fit the word stupid in there enough so: stupid stupid stupid.

Comment

The Best Ever:

Berserk - This guy has a bad attitude and a big sword but the story isn't all hack and slash. Lots of emphasis on fate, dreams, and the lengths people will go to fulfill them.

Cowboy Bebop - Great characters, great stories, and a ton of style. A series about bounty hunters in space.

Escaflowne (series and movie) - Japanese schoolgirls are always getting into the strangest predicaments and this story makes no exception. Somehow there is a massive celestial body near earth that we never knew about and there are people there who still rely on animals for transportation but are somehow able to build giant mechs.

Macross Plus (movie or OVA) - It's about artificial intelligence, Japanese pop music, and test pilots who fly airplanes that are actually robots in disguise. It also shows how we should be weary of computers because they will strangle us with power cables!

Rurouni Kenshin OVA (the first one) - Beautiful music and a touching if violent retelling of Kenshin's earlier years. The OVA has different character designs from the series and has the advantage of being a drama instead of a "fighting anime." It is far more realistic than the television series. This should really be watched AFTER the TV series.

Honorable Mention:

Azumanga Daioh - A series of cute stories involving high school girls. It's funny.

Full Metal Alchemist - The Japanese try to follow the first law of thermodynamics but seem to be violating it for about 50 episodes before they try to make up an explanation.

Gun Grave - Zombies and the mafia? It's nowhere near as bad as it may sound.

Record (oops) of Lodoss War OVA - It's fantasy and it's pretty good.

Rurouni Kenshin TV series - The story of an assassin trying to live and atone after the Meiji revolution. Lots of fighting and many philosophical arguments as well as some silly comedy. The real story ends somewhere around episode 62. All of the episodes after that point are not really worth watching and were not a part of the original story.

Scrapped Princess - A decent story with decent characters and some nice plot twists.
                        Last edited by DON.MAC; 01-27-2005, 05:34 PM.

Comment

I like Cowboy Bebop, and GITS.
                          Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                          Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Cowboy Bebop is great. It spans so many genres it becomes its own. Sort of like Ween.

Comment

Well everyone likes Cowboy Bebop :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
                                Well everyone likes Cowboy Bebop :)
                                Wrong .

;)
                                Become a supporting member!
                                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X