Between 17 and 51? Post here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Between 17 and 51? Post here!

This is an attempt at gauging the number of possible members we might have in probably the largest age group: 18 through 50.

So if you're 18, 50, or somewhere in between post here and answer these questions:

1) How old are you?

2) Why TG?

3) Do you know anyone here in real life (or personally)? Explain (how, when, where, and why if possible). If you don't know anyone in real life here, who do you socialize with often in TG?

4) Guess the median and average age of this age group.

5) Are you a "important" person in TG (admin, officer, instructor, contributer, etc.)?

Edited Changes
    - added a second part to number 3 for those who don't know TGers IRL.
    - corrected the last question so it's more inclusive of other member types.

Linkback: Who is the Youngest Here?
    Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 11-17-2008, 08:11 PM.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Between 17 and 51? Post here!

1 32 (almost 33)
    2 Followed Orca here, found friends and stayed
    3 I know all of the 8th on a personal level
    4 I'm going to guess we have the biggest number of people in the 33-38 range.
    5 No
    Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

You know what we need is a "Who is TG" survey and a sticky promoted by Apo to get people to take it :)
      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

1) 21

2) Was playing 2142 on the server for a bit, found the website, joined up, SM, then the 3rd nabbed me real quick and been hooked ever since. The people are what keep me here, the game has bored me now and then, but having fun people around makes the game stay fresh two years later.

3) Know the 3rd members (current and past) pretty well I'd say, and some other 2142 people as well

4) Gonna guess late twenties up through late thirties

5) TGU instructor count?

Comment

1) 36
          2) BF2, PoE, PR, or BF2142, can't remember which game it was but was browsing the server list and seen the relatively low ping for me. Started playing more and more on the TG server and then decided to check out the site. Glad I did.
          3) My guess at the average age group would be 25-30
          4) No, not even a SM YET.

Comment

1) 18

2) I purchased BF2142 last summer and stumbled on the TG server completely by accident. I was hooked. Then TF2 came along and it tore away my attention from BF2142 until this summer. Became an SM in October and recently had the honor of joining the 3rd SFD this past weekend

3) None at the moment.

4) I am guessing early 30s

5) No :(

Comment

1) 23

2) Good group of people, plenty of fun gaming experiences, and I like how we play games realistically and with maturity.

3) I know one person, SG, who plays CSS. I knew him before we found TG as I graduated with his sister

4) Gotta be 32-38

5) CSS Admin

Comment

1) 21

2) Accidentally joined the server after trying to play BF2142 once again after a long long break. Well, the teamplay got so addictive that I was compelled to join.

3) Nope

4) Probably around 30 more or less

5) Nope
                - -

BF2142 IGN: |TG-21| Rivengard
                Atlantica Online IGN: Rivengard (Lvl 70, Gunner Class)

Comment

Forgot to answer the questionnaire myself (:o):

1) I'm 22 years old. Going to turn 23 in February of '09.

2) I was playing BF2142 the first week the game came out and couldn't find a good server with mature players, teamwork, and no spawn camping for a few days. Ended up randomly playing on servers one day with my brother and came across TG's server. Signed up for SM a few days later and played actively for about 18 months.

3) I don't know anyone here in real life, but I talk to BeSiege, Sharing2142 (can't think of the spelling right now), Bamboo, and a few others on and off on the forums and IM clients.

4) My guess would be: 25 through 42.

5) Nope. Just another member, but I used to be a Supporting Member.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

1) 31

2) When I was working the Big-B, he kept spending all day on this forum - n42. he was talking about playing this fps called "ghost Recon" and how these guys were so intense and how much more fun it was than the run and gun I was playing on MOHAA's pubbies. I logged on and started reading up on what was expected. He told me it mas mandatory before getting on, so I was a little "whatever" until I got in and watched a round. I had skimmed before, but after watching, I spent the rest of the night pouring over the SOP's. The amazing teamwork and structure got me hooked.

3) I know dragon, Big-B, and a few other long gone names that no one knows anymore. I used to talk quite frequently with Apo, Firemarshal, eternal, Panz, and to a lesser degree - Luna - but never met any of them in person. (almost took an extra 4 hours 2 years ago to drop in on Apo and Luna, when I was in NYC for vacation, but schedule issues prevented it.)

4) 36

5) I used to be more important - GR head trainer, hosting a game server, forum moderator of 4 or 5, Apo even asked me to watch over some servers when he went out of town. I had some long periods of non-connectivity and GR fell out of popularity and blah blah blah. long story less long - I was a decent sized fish in a small-ish pond, now more like a minnow in the ocean.
                    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

:( I can not answer because I am over 50.........:(

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

1) 17 and trying to find my place in life. :(

2) It's an awesome place. I though about joining DIG but they didn't fit my needs like TG does. I am quite glad I joined TG instead.

3) There is only one guy and his Username is Havik. He hasn't been on in quite some time and plays 1942 all by himself. I usually communicate with everyone.

4) 30.

5) Nope, maybe later.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

1) 27
                          2) Because it is the best place to play Battlefield 2 by far.
                          3) No but I've "known" Mantis and Undead online for a number of years.
                          4) Median: 34 Average: 32
                          5) My dog thinks so!
                          sigpic

Comment

1)26
                            2)Found TG through the NS community. There isnt anywhere else like it.
                            3)I actually just met eGoatBoy and Wimpinator last weekend. Plans are in the works to meet several other TG members.
                            4)Between 17 and 50? Median age will be 34. Mean will be 24.
                            5)TF2 Admin, TGU Instructor, Ribbon/Award Designer

Comment

1. 26, but I feel ancient already. Mid-twenties crisis, anyone?
                              2. Mature BF2 community
                              3. Only those I've met at the TG TX BBQs
                              4. Median==26, mean==26
                              5. I own the internets

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse