Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer Demographics Survey!

Introduction
    Building on the success of the first three threads that aimed at trying to sample the TG population here, this one hopes to broaden it so we can collect as many members ages, player background stories, and so forth as possible.

If you already have posted in the other three threads, please post again here as the questions below differ greatly from the questions in the other three threads.

Whatever age you are, post below and answer the following questions:
    1. How old are you? Please be honest.
    2. How did you hear about Tactical Gamer?
    3. What made you join Tactical Gamer?
    4. How long have you been a member?
    5. If you are/were a Supporting Member, how long did you remain a SM? If you had signed up for several different periods, then add up all the different times together.
    6. Have you ever met another TG member in person? Talked to them over the phone?
    7. How often do you use the TG Teamspeak server?
    8. How many hours do you play on a TG server daily? Each week? Each month?
    9. Do you participate actively by trying to use teamwork, communications, and tactics while playing on a TG server?
    10. Have you ever been awarded a ribbon in Tactical Gamer? Which one are you most proud of? Why?
    11. Tell us a little about your interests and life outside of online gaming.

Comments
    Hopefully there is some official support from the TG admins (like Tempus or Apophis) to help get members to post here.

Everyone else who posts here, I kindly ask that you try to spread the word about this thread to other members you know through PM, IM, TS, etc. Thank you in advance.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Tactical Gamer Demographics Survey!
    1. How old are you? Please be honest. 18
    2. How did you hear about Tactical Gamer? Joined after playing on the PR server.
    3. What made you join Tactical Gamer? The surveys they post on forums...and the part where most people are mature and fun to play games with.
    4. How long have you been a member? Since February 2008
    5. If you are/were a Supporting Member, how long did you remain a SM? Not really sure when I became SM but I guess about 6 months
    6. Have you ever met another TG member in person? Talked to them over the phone? nope
    7. How often do you use the TG Teamspeak server? Various times for various periods most days of the week.
    8. How many hours do you play on a TG server daily? Each week? Each month? really depends on the month, summer months are something like a couple hours a day for PR while winter months + school are almost no playing at all.
    9. Do you participate actively by trying to use teamwork, communications, and tactics while playing on a TG server? duh
    10. Have you ever been awarded a ribbon in Tactical Gamer? Which one are you most proud of? Why? nope, I'm a slacker...

I enjoy film editing, work at Fry's Electronics, go to school for RTF, ride the bus for an ungodly long time to get to class, and sleep

Comment

1. How old are you? 28
      2. How did you hear about Tactical Gamer? The TG BF2142 server
      3. What made you join Tactical Gamer? The respect of fellow gamers
      4. How long have you been a member? Nov '06
      5. If you are/were a Supporting Member, how long did you remain a SM? 3 days shorter then my TG membership.
      6. Have you ever met another TG member in person? Arithea & Aruncado.
      7. How often do you use the TG Teamspeak server? Every night almost.
      8. How many hours do you play on a TG server daily? Each week? Each month? I average about 15-20 hours a week and about 30 total with admin duties counted in.
      9. Do you participate actively by trying to use teamwork, communications, and tactics while playing on a TG server? All the time.
      10. Have you ever been awarded a ribbon in Tactical Gamer? Which one are you most proud of? Why? [b]5 merit, there is none that stands out. I'm proud more of the fact that people look up to me and they feel its necessary to nominate me. I'm just happy to serve.[/b
      11. Tell us a little about your interests and life outside of online gaming. I'm a EMT for Bucks 168/167. I'm in school for nursing. I also work for Circuitcity as a IT tech. I'm getting married soon and moving to a new home in the short future. I build and paint warhammer40k mintures. I own a Harley 883XL and enjoy a long ride up the eastern seaboard.
      The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
      mutual respect for your fellow gamers
      and where all members
      would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
      Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

1. How old are you? 39 (for a few more days)
        2. How did you hear about Tactical Gamer? I stumbled upon the BF2 server and never left.
        3. What made you join Tactical Gamer? The belief in supporting the community. And priority access to full servers.
        4. How long have you been a member? 3 years
        5. If you are/were a Supporting Member, how long did you remain a SM? 3 years
        6. Have you ever met another TG member in person? Talked to them over the phone? No
        7. How often do you use the TG Teamspeak server? Always with BF2/POE2, but not much with COD4.
        8. How many hours do you play on a TG server daily? Each week? Each month? ~10 hours a week if I'm lucky.
        9. Do you participate actively by trying to use teamwork, communications, and tactics while playing on a TG server? Always!
        10. Have you ever been awarded a ribbon in Tactical Gamer? Which one are you most proud of? Why? I have a few, but I don't recall which ones exactly. I'm really proud of the ribbons from BF2/POE2 scrims which were always intense and we always won.
        11. Tell us a little about your interests and life outside of online gaming. I'm married with two girls (4 & 7) and work as a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager for a medical device company. I play soccer (outdoors and arena) weekly and snowboard when I can.
        Last edited by Melee; 11-26-2008, 02:45 AM.
        |TG|Melee
        Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

1. How old are you? 21.
          2. How did you hear about Tactical Gamer? Forum signature on FeverGaming forums (now deceased).
          3. What made you join Tactical Gamer? Witnessing the teamwork, communication, and maturity firsthand on the TG BF2142 server.
          4. How long have you been a member? 1.5 years, approximately.
          5. If you are/were a Supporting Member, how long did you remain a SM? I've been an SM for a bit over one year.
          6. Have you ever met another TG member in person? Talked to them over the phone? Nope.
          7. How often do you use the TG Teamspeak server? If I'm ingame, I'm on TS. So -- very often.
          8. How many hours do you play on a TG server daily? Each week? Each month? Daily? 2-4 hours. More on the weekend.
          9. Do you participate actively by trying to use teamwork, communications, and tactics while playing on a TG server? Didn't think I had any choice :)
          10. Have you ever been awarded a ribbon in Tactical Gamer? Which one are you most proud of? Why? Yes. Distinguished Squad Leader Class 3. "You can only excell at something you truly love doing."
          11. Tell us a little about your interests and life outside of online gaming. Currently taking a break from university, but my eventual goals are completing my Software Engineering degree and getting into the Canadian Armed Forces as an officer. University first, though.

Comment

1. How old are you? 22.
            2. How did you hear about Tactical Gamer? Luckily found the PR server and fell into a 1stMIP squad....Never wanted anything else.
            3. What made you join Tactical Gamer? The 1stMIP.
            4. How long have you been a member? Coming up on 2 years.
            5. If you are/were a Supporting Member, how long did you remain a SM? About a year and a half or so.
            6. Have you ever met another TG member in person? Not yet, but I genuinly would love to, and have had kind offers....
            7. How often do you use the TG Teamspeak server? Every day at the minute.
            8. How many hours do you play on a TG server daily? Each week? Each month? At the minute, quite a lot, few hours each day would average it out, Big low out at weekends though.
            9. Do you participate actively by trying to use teamwork, communications, and tactics while playing on a TG server? Yup, it's the TG way!
            10. Have you ever been awarded a ribbon in Tactical Gamer? Which one are you most proud of? Why? Yes, I only recently got my first one. Most proud of my Sn1p0rz ribon, 'cus, you know, im leet. But really, all of them, just glad to have a ribbon!
            11. Tell us a little about your interests and life outside of online gaming. British Army reserves. Love my sports, but trying to get a job at the minute, but with the global crisis and all that jazz, it ain't happening.

Comment

1. How old are you? 38

2. How did you hear about Tactical Gamer? Playing the PR server

3. What made you join Tactical Gamer? Recognising their were fellow players that liked fun, were open and enjoyed a community spirit. That although their were superior headstates here, there were also those that just wanted to allow others be themselves, and be. WhiskeySix's post on TG nailed it.

4. How long have you been a member? Since March 2007

5. If you are/were a Supporting Member, how long did you remain a SM? If you had signed up for several different periods, then add up all the different times together. Never been, yet.

6. Have you ever met another TG member in person? Talked to them over the phone? No. Though I believe some people live in the same area

7. How often do you use the TG Teamspeak server? Just got it, still trying to work it out. I'm a computer dunce

8. How many hours do you play on a TG server daily? Each week? Each month? ~10 hours/week depending on shifts, if I just want to sit down a minute, and if anything is on at the weekend

9. Do you participate actively by trying to use teamwork, communications, and tactics while playing on a TG server? All the time. Especially with an open and relaxed attitude

10. Have you ever been awarded a ribbon in Tactical Gamer? Which one are you most proud of? Why? Never

11. Tell us a little about your interests and life outside of online gaming.[/list]I am a Support Worker who deals with issues such as mental health and homelessness. My speciality is Drug and Alcohol addiction, or addiction. My educational background is in Communications and Biology, which helps alot as it delves into variation, populations, groups and their dynamics, individuals, society, truths and perspectives. To chill out I like catching up on such things, especially Biology, which I studied at a degree level. Watching arty films, being a noob and learning, and people watching are constant companions. I like to learn. I have recently moved back to Oxford from abroad and am in that part of settling down: working as much as I can and making friends, finding things in the area that suits. In England it's pretty tough to snowboard so whilst settling and expanding, so I still do things like collect early 90's Trance and Ambient, and teach Poi.

Comment

1. How old are you? 30
                2. How did you hear about Tactical Gamer? Saw it on the 2142 Server list
                3. What made you join Tactical Gamer? They had the type of game play I was looking for
                4. How long have you been a member? Dunno, maybe a year now
                6. Have you ever met another TG member in person? Talked to them over the phone? No which is odd because I love close to quite a few
                7. How often do you use the TG Teamspeak server? 90% of the time I'm in game
                8. How many hours do you play on a TG server daily? Each week? Each month? Too many to count
                9. Do you participate actively by trying to use teamwork, communications, and tactics while playing on a TG server? Damn Skippy
                10. Have you ever been awarded a ribbon in Tactical Gamer? Which one are you most proud of? Why? No =[
                11. Tell us a little about your interests and life outside of online gaming. My son is the focus of my life right now and my daughter will be when she arrives. Other than that I like to sneak some sleep in.

Comment

1. How old are you? Please be honest. 22
                  2. How did you hear about Tactical Gamer? Playing on the server mulitple times and decided to check it out
                  3. What made you join Tactical Gamer? The tight knit group of people here
                  4. How long have you been a member? Since April, 08
                  5. If you are/were a Supporting Member, how long did you remain a SM? If you had signed up for several different periods, then add up all the different times together. I believe I started my membership in June or July, so about 5 months
                  6. Have you ever met another TG member in person? Talked to them over the phone? My younger brother played a bit on TG before he went to college, does that count? Other than that, no
                  7. How often do you use the TG Teamspeak server? Very regularly. If not to just say Hi to whoever is on there
                  8. How many hours do you play on a TG server daily? Each week? Each month? I'd guess about 10-15 hours a week...maybe more
                  9. Do you participate actively by trying to use teamwork, communications, and tactics while playing on a TG server? I always am doing some sort of tactic...they might not be good ones, but tactics nonetheless
                  10. Have you ever been awarded a ribbon in Tactical Gamer? Which one are you most proud of? Why? Probably my Scrim Ribbon. 'Proud' wouldn't be a good word for it though. It was a lot of fun and unrivaled teamwork. I enjoyed it alot and got to see TG at its absolute finest.
                  11. Tell us a little about your interests and life outside of online gaming. Well I am married, have a dog and enjoy playing XBox 360 with my brother and brothers-in-law. I am a NFL fanatic. Steelers are my team (shouldn't suprise anyone). I like paintball, golf, backyard football, and really anything if other people are playing....except soccer and baseball
                  sigpic
                  I'm Back.

Comment

How old are you? Please be honest. 38 (well, in 2 days from now, but I'm rounding)
                    How did you hear about Tactical Gamer? Found the Counter strike server a long time ago and never left.
                    What made you join Tactical Gamer? Mature, cooperative team play that didn't involve insults and slams. A community that shares information and fun.
                    How long have you been a member? Not sure... since it N42.com...
                    If you are/were a Supporting Member, how long did you remain a SM? If you had signed up for several different periods, then add up all the different times together. I think I'm about my 2nd year or so. When I stopped paying for WOW, I started paying for this - figured it was time.
                    Have you ever met another TG member in person? Talked to them over the phone? No. That's crazy! <looks around> Do they know where I am?How often do you use the TG Teamspeak server? I used it when I played BF2142, but not much since then. Just for the TGU. If I ever get BF2142 going again, I'll start using it again.
                    How many hours do you play on a TG server daily? Each week? Each month?
                    I'm not sure I should say. It could get back to the wife! Hmm daily... probably 2 hours on a slow... more if I can't sleep. I use Elizabeth's naps or schooltime to play. Then on some nights I play a LOT. I haven't played as much recently due to moving into a new house. Heck - can't get the PC to work on internet yet. Just this laptop.
                    Do you participate actively by trying to use teamwork, communications, and tactics while playing on a TG server? Of course!
                    Have you ever been awarded a ribbon in Tactical Gamer? Which one are you most proud of? Why? Yes... 3? PCS ribbon. Because that means others think I'm decent at working with a team. While I personally don't think that I deserve it, others think I do - that feels pretty good.
                    Tell us a little about your interests and life outside of online gaming. hmmm
                    3 year old girl named Elizabeth. My wife Cindy. We travel a lot. I read, write, draw, etc... I'm a stay at home dad to Elizabeth right now, but I was a teacher of math to at-risk youth in high school. I would like to get back into martial arts. Before my old teacher sold teh school, stole everyone's pre-paid money and disappeared, I was a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I like dungeons and dragons (and other role playing games) but the people I used to play with have all moved away. I have a ton of the pewter miniatures (a lot of them I painted, too). In general, I like trying about anything. Which is the problem.
                    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

1. How old are you? Please be honest. 18
                      2. How did you hear about Tactical Gamer? the Pr server was the first one i joined. and then crawling eye pointed me to the forums
                      3. What made you join Tactical Gamer? the team work and maturity of the gamers
                      4. How long have you been a member? almost a year i think
                      5. If you are/were a Supporting Member, how long did you remain a SM? If you had signed up for several different periods, then add up all the different times together. still supporting
                      6. Have you ever met another TG member in person? Talked to them over the phone?no
                      7. How often do you use the TG Teamspeak server?daily
                      8. How many hours do you play on a TG server daily? Each week? Each month?dunno, depends but maybe 12 hours a weeks?
                      9. Do you participate actively by trying to use teamwork, communications, and tactics while playing on a TG server?yep
                      10. Have you ever been awarded a ribbon in Tactical Gamer? Which one are you most proud of? Why?yes. combat action. had a really good round of quinling as a sl. was a nice way of saying thankyou

im at uni atm so i guess its going out and getting drunk. messing around with photoshop and then drinking some more whilst gaming :)

Comment

I didn't... I heard about Network 42. (I think that's the qualification for being "old school"). I put out a feeler on a Half-Life fan site for a Counter-Strike server that stood out from the stereotype of hackers and 1337-kiddies. xlii.com was suggested as the alternative, and I've been ehre ever since.
                          Desire for fun with people who took their fun as seriously as I did. :)
                          I THINK I've been around since December-ish 2002, but the current forums don't go back that far. I checked the Internet Wayback Machine, and seem to recall the January 2003 update pretty clearly. I also recall signing up for the NS server not TOO long after it 1.04 launched.
                        5. If you are/were a Supporting Member, how long did you remain a SM? If you had signed up for several different periods, then add up all the different times together.
                          I've been a Supporting Member for... four years now? Something like that. I wasn't an SM for a while when I started, but once I became one, I've never stopped.
                        6. Have you ever met another TG member in person? Talked to them over the phone?
                          I've met two people in person, both Natural Selection players. I've talked to two others on the phone before.
                          Not very. The games I play here tend to have in-game VOIP.
                          At my peak, I was good for five to six hours a night, five to seven days a week. I'm coming off nearly a year-long hiatus. Right now, I'm gaming with TG folks about two hours three or four nights a week.
                        9. Do you participate actively by trying to use teamwork, communications, and tactics while playing on a TG server?
                          Yes. I've even been known to lead. :) (Quality of leadership notwithstanding)
                        10. Have you ever been awarded a ribbon in Tactical Gamer? Which one are you most proud of? Why?
                          One. Volunteer ribbon. It's no great shakes; the whole ribbon program seems kind of pointless to me. I don't begrudge those that like it, but I don't count myself among them.
                          I like my job, and I have a wife, two daughters, two cats, a dog, and a home of my very own. I like games of all kinds, and have the second-largest game collection of anyone I know (likely first, if we're including videogames too).
                        [volun2]
                        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

1. How old are you? 31
                          2. How did you hear about Tactical Gamer? big-b told me about n42.... tacticalgamer came later.
                          3. What made you join Tactical Gamer? realism, teamwork, cooperation, rules
                          4. How long have you been a member? 7 years
                          5. Have you ever met another TG member in person? Talked to them over the phone? yes - firemarshall, dragon, big-b, eternal, apophis, panz
                          6. Tell us a little about your interests and life outside of online gaming.IT, video editing, graphic design, sound engineering, web design
                          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I'm 22 years old.
                              I was playing on TG's 2142 server back in November of '06 after searching around for a good server where squads actually used teamwork, voip, and didn't bunnyhop. Played on the server for several days and eventually decided to join up.
                              The mature players, use of teamwork, use of VoIP, and no bunnyhopping players sealed the deal for me.
                              I've been a member since November 2006...that's 2 years and counting.
                              I was a SM for 1 year and 7 months.
                              Nope, I have not had the chance or pleasure of doing either. Hoping one of these years we can organize a barbeque in my Chicago for TGers. :)
                              I used to play BF2142 actively for about 20 hours a week. I don't have as much time now and maybe only squeeze in about 6 hours a month on the ArmA and PR servers.
                              I always try to. Sometimes it works out great and other times people in my squad don't want to cooperate.
                              I've been awarded 5 ribbons (below). If I had to choose one as my favorite, I would pick my Squad Leader ribbon as I tried my hardest to becoming a likable SL, one that can lead a squad and get objectives done, and to continue to promote the teamwork and maturity on the 2142 server.
                              I'm currently a full-time college student attending DePaul University working on my first Bachelor's of Computer Science degree. I'm the oldest of three children and I often bicker with my siblings. I used to play the piano, clarinet, guitar, and a few percussion instruments. I love computers, building them, messing around with them, troubleshooting them, and repairing them. My dad's from Hong Kong and my mom's from province of Guangdong, China. My dad works overtime and my mom is currently working on her own Bachelor's in Accounting.
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

1. How old are you? 21
                              2. How did you hear about Tactical Gamer? Found it through playing on the 2142 server
                              3. What made you join Tactical Gamer? Have always played the "TG," way, so it was a nice "coming home," thing for me to find a community like this.
                              4. How long have you been a member? Winter 2006/2007 I think, made it to the website by late winter/early spring
                              5. If you are/were a Supporting Member, how long did you remain a SM? A month into signing up on the website, I signed up as a SM, and have been since, so approaching 2 years in the spring
                              6. Have you ever met another TG member in person? Nope, but be cool to see a few people at some people
                              7. How often do you use the TG Teamspeak server? Fairly often, I haven't been gaming much lately due to not wanting to sit in front of a computer after doing so all day at work.
                              8. How many hours do you play on a TG server daily? Daily, used to be anywhere from 1-4, don't make it on every day anymore Each week? Maybe 2-10 depending on what I'm up to Each month? No clue
                              9. Do you participate actively by trying to use teamwork, communications, and tactics while playing on a TG server? Definitely!
                              10. Have you ever been awarded a ribbon in Tactical Gamer? Yep, a few Which one are you most proud of? I dunno, they're all pretty awesome. Being one of the few recognized snipers is kinda cool, and the volunteer recognition was pretty nice Why? Sniping is one of the things I pride myself on I guess, and participating in TGU is pretty sweet, educating the masses and all that.
                              11. Tell us a little about your interests and life outside of online gaming. I snowboard as much as money allows (somewhere between 2 and 10 times a season), play guitar somewhat badly, love music a lot, party with friends, normal college kid stuff I suppose.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X