Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police respond to bank robbery!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_mistaken_standoff

MONTGOMERY TOWNSHIP, N.J. A standoff at a New Jersey bank is over after police learned a "person" seen inside was actually a full-size cardboard figure.

Officers went to the PNC Bank in Montgomery Township on Thursday night after an alarm went off. They saw what they thought was at least one person through the windows of the bank, which had its blinds drawn.

The area was sealed off and three nearby apartment buildings were evacuated as a precaution. Meanwhile, authorities used bullhorns and made telephone calls in a bid to make contact with whoever might be in the bank.

After repeatedly failing to get a response, a SWAT team entered the building and discovered the cardboard figure.

It was not immediately clear what set off the bank alarm.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Re: Police respond to bank robbery!

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_mistaken_standoff

MONTGOMERY TOWNSHIP, N.J. A standoff at a New Jersey bank is over after police learned a "person" seen inside was actually a full-size cardboard figure.

Officers went to the PNC Bank in Montgomery Township on Thursday night after an alarm went off. They saw what they thought was at least one person through the windows of the bank, which had its blinds drawn.

The area was sealed off and three nearby apartment buildings were evacuated as a precaution. Meanwhile, authorities used bullhorns and made telephone calls in a bid to make contact with whoever might be in the bank.

After repeatedly failing to get a response, a SWAT team entered the building and discovered the cardboard figure.

It was not immediately clear what set off the bank alarm.
    Boy, how do TG cops feel about this "mistaken identity"? :row1_7:
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

how would you like to be the police officer that's got "desk" duty now because of that
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Wow, I live 10 minutes away from that township. Anyway, one would think that after such commotion, the alleged robber would have made some movement. Ironic how the cops in the area put dummies in their cars if they're not mannned :)

Comment

Ehh I've read about a cop that opened up on someone because he thought they were an extinct dinosaur... The NJ 5-0 shouldnt feel too much embarrassment compared to that..
          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
            Ehh I've read about a cop that opened up on someone because he thought they were an extinct dinosaur
            What the? What was he on? LSD? Sorry ma'am, a police office killed your son because he was wearing a Barney costume.
            "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
            Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
            " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Atleast the cardboard character was not injured!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X