She has gone to her rest!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She has gone to her rest!

About a year ago, I told you all that my Mom's cancer had come back with a vengeance, and that she had been given 5 months to live.

After going through considerable pain and suffering far longer, and with more tumors than her doctors or nurses thought were survivable by anyone, she finally entered peacefully into her rest at 9 PM last night (PST).

To all of you who have had us in your thoughts and prayers, to all my friends who have given their support, and good wishes, encouragement and strength, I am grateful. I'm glad she is in peace now, and know the sadness will come later as I begin to miss her bright, strong presence in my life.

Right now though, I very busy, and begin my duties as effective head of the family, which my Dad asked me to be prepared to do when she passed away. It will be a large and challenging shift, and one that may preclude playing games with you all for a time, certainly for the next several days.

Thanks for your friendship and support. It means a lot to me, and once again I am grateful for this excellent community we have. Thank you to all the Officers, admin, mods and everyone else who contribute their time energy and monetary support so that this can exist, and thanks especially to Apophis.

I look forward to reading all your comments in a few days when I return, and seeing you on the Battlefield for some fun after all this flurry is over.

God Bless you all, and for those who do not believe, that means I wish you every good thing, every perfect thing and every right thing that leads you to Truth, in a spirit of brotherly love.

Your brother in arms,

Axis
    sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Re: She has gone to her rest!

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I send you my deepest condolences. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

My thoughts with you and yours Axis...
      |TG-8th|RAGE

SigPic provided by

I am a proud former IRRegular!

Comment

Axis,

My condolences to you and your family for your loss. I lost my mother when I was 13, so I know what it is like to lose a loved one - especially an influential member of your family and an integral part of your childhood.

Do not mourn her loss, though - celebrate the wonderful life of a vibrant person who was a part of your life. Remember that she has gone to a better place where there is no more suffering and one day you will see her again. Most importantly, cherish the good memories you have of her.

Sorry, it's probably sappy, I know.

Regards,

Vortex

"Remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

Comment

Our thoughts are with you and your family Axis. I'm sure the next few days will be tough, but let them be full of memories, and know that she is in a better place, and at peace now.

God bless.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

MY thoughts go out to you sir.
            "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
            EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
            PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

Sorry to hear brother..keep your chin up and get back to us when you can:)

Comment

My condolences :( May she rest in peace.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your loss and I wish your family the best in this trying time.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your mother Axis. I cant say that I personally know what losing a parent is like and I'm absolutely dreading the day that I have to face it. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Just know that she's walking in the light with the chosen few now and will be watching over you.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Your family is in our prayers.

Comment

My condolences to you and your family.

Comment

Take care sir. You sound like you will be able to handle the situation with the strength and maturity that the situation requires.
                          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Sorry for your loss. As someone said remember the good that she had. THat is the best way to remember them
                            |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

My heartfelt prayers go out to you and your family. May your Mom be welcomed by the Lord and share in his wonderful blessing.

B
                              "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X