Anyone own a folding bicycle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own a folding bicycle?

So I'm thinking of getting myself a bike for Christmas. My car is probably too small for a bike rack so a full-sized bike is not feasible. I've been looking at 20" or 26" Dahon and Downtube bikes. Do any of ya'll have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance :D

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Re: Anyone own a folding bicycle?

I wouldn't rule out a bike rack for your car. What kind of car do you have?

I use a 3 bike trunk rack on my little saturn and it works very well. I also looked into a full roof rack also, they seemed to make them for a car as small as mine.

As for folding bikes, I don't know of anyone that has had one, I'll ask around though.
    Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

I drive a Scion xA.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino View Post
        I drive a Scion xA.
        <snicker>
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino View Post
          I drive a Scion xA.
          Bike racks should be possible on the xAs. There are several xAs in my neighborhood with back racks (and mounted bicycles).

I just wouldn't drive too fast on those turns. ;)
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Folding Bicycles were once carried by bicycle paratroopers!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_infantry

Comment

I lay the two back seats down and use the quick release lever on my front wheel. Fits right into the trunk of my Celica in about 10 seconds. I don't know if you have the room but I would give it a try.

I wouldn't get one of those fold up bikes unless I strictly going to be riding on paved roads. And the wheels are too small. You'd be going very slow and they wouldn't do well with rocks and dibree.

I have a yakima strap rack but it is such a hassle to put on that I never use it.

Your best bet if it doesn't fit in your trunk is to install a hitch where a bike rack just slides on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                I have a yakima strap rack but it is such a hassle to put on that I never use it.
                I use a Yakima rack similar to that one and I've never found it to be a hassle to put on, just for the OP's FYI.

I can have it on my car in just a few minutes
                Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Get a BMX, and find a way to shove it into your car. Even if you can't fit, you have no derailer to worry about, so if you have to take off both wheels, its incredibly fast and simple, just need a wrench and you're all set.

Better yet, don't drive! (lol, clearly not possible, but had to be said)

Comment

I have the paratrooper folding bike, it's amazing and I happen to be selling it due to getting married and not having time to ride. I highly recommend the bike.

I have this one:
                    militarybikes.com/products.html

I bought it due to driving a mini cooper and not wanting risk scratching the car with racks on top or back.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X