Cant even make Irr Unit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant even make Irr Unit

I no its not the right place to put this but i just wanted to say after 3yrs of beening a TG member i think it should count for something . After applying for a Irr sqd and getting looked over again but newer members only a few months in makes it very upsetting. Many of you guys no me in different games and i think im a great team player im on many nights (just ask my wife) but not to be reconized in any sqd base units after all this time with TG is well .........upsetting

I no i will get in trouble for posting this here but i just wanted players outside of the games i play to know this...... i will stay on playing here in TG cause i like the guys i play with and the servers are great ! i just wanted to say that guys that been here for awhile and may not be supporting members still shouldnt get looked over ..cheers

Re: Cant even make Irr Unit

I thought the Irr was open to... well anyone?
    Unless it has changed.

Comment

Don't let it get to you. What would change if you joined the Irregulars anyway? You're still playing here and you still get good gaming. I'm sure it's not a huge deal to miss out on IHS benefits.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

im not to worried Sarc .. thx

Comment

So what? Being part of a squad here at TG is not the end all to gaming. The important thing is that you play here and enjoy yourself. I know certian games here are very IHS orientated, but most allow for independence which is also cool. All that counts is that you play as a team when you are on the servers, not who you chat with offline.

As for a comforting thought.. Look no further than myself. I have been playing here for long enough and I do not (nor have I ever) belong to any IHS and it has not effected anything in the manner I play or my enjoyment. Plus no one looks at me any differently then someone that is part of a IHS.
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

The thing that you have to remember floody is that there is a lot more to being in the irregs than one might think. It's not just an "apply and you're in" type deal. I've participated in the selection process for possible irregs members and the standards are very rigorous (I belive that I am known in some circles as "the hanging judge"). This isnt saying that you dont meet them, but simply that there may be reasons beyond your scope that have prevented you from getting in. The only way to really find out would be to contact the Irregs recruiting officer and see if you can squeeze some information.

Other than that, keep trying!

Comment

welcome to the "new and improved" TG... haha ;)
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

well if its beyond my "scope" then thats fine . I find it abit odd that i havent even got an invite from any admin in all the games ive played over the yrs and like i said im on nightly so please tell me what im doing wrong .....

Comment

Originally posted by FLooDY View Post
                  well if its beyond my "scope" then thats fine . I find it abit odd that i havent even got an invite from any admin in all the games ive played over the yrs and like i said im on nightly so please tell me what im doing wrong .....
                  What games do you play?

also, the admins don't necessarily run the IHS's. I know most of the IHS's have an admin on the roster, but that doesn't mean they decide who the IHS recruits.

If you're that interested in joining an IHS, join up with them, let them know you are interested. It's hard to believe you're on a server every night playing with the same guys over and over telling them you want to join their IHS and they are telling you no.
                  Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Well, because he isn't a SM, only 1 IHS (Irregs) can take a look at him for membership.

EDIT: Just wanted to make one thing clear, I have played with Floody and he is a really good teamplayer. :)
                    sigpic
                    I'm Back.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                      Plus no one looks at me any differently then someone that is part of a IHS.
                      WRONG..!! We are all scared of you..!! And Vulcan, and Bubba!! hahahahaha

Just kidding!:row__593:

You know, of course, that you cannot be considered for any of the other IHS's without being an SM.

Also, the above is correct that there not be an "admin" asking you to "join" an IHS. It would be a person who is an SM, who is affiliated with an IHS asking you, who just "may" happen to be an admin as well.:icon_eek:

If it is that important to you, you may want to send a pm to whoever is in charge of the Irrg's recruiting and ask if she can look into things for you and maybe reconsider their decision, or at least get a reason why they did not accept your application.

Comment

Some people aren't picked up simply because their intentions aren't known and there's isn't a clear ambition for some reason. Some IHS don't actively recruit, either.

For the record, the 55th was started by a non-admin SM, is currently lead by me and two other people who are non-admin SMs, and the entire motley crew is made up of non-admin SMs :)
                        "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                        Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

I don't know the requirements that the Irr squad uses for recruiting but I would say one of them is how well they know you. This doesn't solely mean your play style. I would think that how chummy you are with the other squad members makes a difference too. The only reason I see to join a squad is that you're friends with the other members. You may be on nightly but probably haven't bonded much with the Irr members.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Be seen! Be active with voip online and try to make yourself known all around. Get on TS. Get to know people ingame and show them that you are a GREAT and fun teamplayer. Get on the forums and ask questions. Or help people out. Attend TGU and scrims.

You'll soon be with the irregs then i'll bet if that is your goal. :icon_wink

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
                              I don't know the requirements that the Irr squad uses for recruiting but I would say one of them is how well they know you. This doesn't solely mean your play style. I would think that how chummy you are with the other squad members makes a difference too. The only reason I see to join a squad is that you're friends with the other members. You may be on nightly but probably haven't bonded much with the Irr members.
                              That's a valid point, as well. Part of the IHS experience is the desire to be all "chummy" with your squaddies. We always have a ball when we all get together, and part of our IHS guideline is that "rank nor score matter"... as long as everyone is having a good time, it's all, well... good.
                              "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                              Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X