Scale Costuming Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale Costuming Help

I need scales. I can't find anything anywhere on Google.
    I need scales that would be attached to my skin and go around my eyes and then I would need more that go down my neck and throat. I assume it would be close to lizard scales. Any suggestions?

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Re: Scale Costuming Help

Ooh. Umm... Well you can get metal scale armor online.

Have you thought about cutting up soda bottles, heating them up (Carefully), flattening them, painting them, and attaching them to your skin with spirit gum or latex? It'd be as close to free as you're like to get and you could make them any way you want.

Comment

oh god, what are you up to now zedd?
      powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by FrankManik View Post
        Ooh. Umm... Well you can get metal scale armor online.

Have you thought about cutting up soda bottles, heating them up (Carefully), flattening them, painting them, and attaching them to your skin with spirit gum or latex? It'd be as close to free as you're like to get and you could make them any way you want.
        Great idea. If you use the 2 liter bottles the heating and flattening could be skipped the scales are not huge.
        I’m not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

You could do the same with aluminum cans. The inside of the cans should already be a uniform silver color.
          "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
          EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
          PLAYSTATION®Network & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

Originally posted by Banyan View Post
            You could do the same with aluminum cans. The inside of the cans should already be a uniform silver color.
            I would worry about sharp edges with the cans.
            I’m not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I googled for various things without much luck. "lizard makeup" turned up this kit, available from a lot of sites:

http://www.maxcostumes.com/p-32616-r...akeup-kit.aspx
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Whatever you do, caldsteven, we need pics of the outcome!
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

That must be one weird fettish.
                  "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                  'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

How about using holographic gift wrap to make the scales ?

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I'll try and get some pictures when I get everything together lol

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X