Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking Advice: Should I Sell My Airsoft Gear?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Advice: Should I Sell My Airsoft Gear?

Doing some winter cleaning...

I've got some unused airsoft gear that I've kept around for a few years hoping that one day when I actually move out of the city I can put it to good use. It's been about 4 years since I bought most of this stuff. Some things I don't want to part with, others I bought for different loadouts and aesthethic feel.

So, I'm here seeking advice. I'll list the few things I have that I want to sell and you airsofters/law enforcement types tell me if it's worth selling or keeping.

Here are the items (with pictures):

1) UTG branded right-side pistol thigh holster. It has two straps for strapping it on, another one to loop around a web belt/tac belt, and one of those buckles to secure the pistol in the holder. All black except for the green-and-white UTG logo.

2) (Oversized?) Web Belt. It's all black and is made up of nylon and metal buckles.

3) Underarm pistol holster and 2 mag holster sling. All black. Think the brown leather ones used in cop shows in the past. This one is made of nylon and is also UTG (no branding/logo).

4) Black Tactical Vest. Mesh with adjustable shoulder straps. Removable MP5 and M16 mag holsters. There's also a buttstock padding on the upper right, two large utility pouches (one of them has a shotgun shell/loopy loop (of cylindrical objects like clip-on flashlights, etc.), a zipper front, and loop holes for a web belt.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the vest is made for people around 5' 2" to about 6' 0". I'm 6' 2" so this vest is too short for me anyways.

Sell or not sell? What would be a fair price for these items?
    Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 12-09-2008, 05:08 PM.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Seeking Advice: Should I Sell My Airsoft Gear?

I've been looking at getting back in to airsoft, so I'll chime in. I think you can get most of those things for 10-30 dollars online these days. I actually have the same thigh holster. I'd reccomend hanging them all up in the closet and holding on to them. You won't get very much money for them if you sell them, but if you hold on to them you might get a chance to use them in the future, whether for airsoft, paintball, a halloween costume, or what have you.

Have you looked at the Minnesota Airsoft Association? They've got some good forums. They're based in MPLS, but folks from all over the Midwest will post game information on their forums. http://forum.mnairsoft.org/

Comment

Originally posted by FrankManik View Post
      I've been looking at getting back in to airsoft, so I'll chime in. I think you can get most of those things for 10-30 dollars online these days. I actually have the same thigh holster. I'd reccomend hanging them all up in the closet and holding on to them. You won't get very much money for them if you sell them, but if you hold on to them you might get a chance to use them in the future, whether for airsoft, paintball, a halloween costume, or what have you.

Have you looked at the Minnesota Airsoft Association? They've got some good forums. They're based in MPLS, but folks from all over the Midwest will post game information on their forums. http://forum.mnairsoft.org/
      Thanks for your input. I'll just throw it all into a box and put it into the closet to gather more dust.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I too have done this with certain hobbies in my life. Some I still cling to, slowly letting a piece go here and there to friends or family.

Have I actually gone and used any of it though, no. If I decide to get back into a hobby again will I want new / better gear, yes.

So, if this stuff is not hugely expensive to replace, should you get into airsoft in the future then sell it or give it to a friend who can (I have done that with some equipment, a loan that if I ever want back I can have but it's been years since the loan was initiated).

Just my two cents. Now if my wife is reading this, no honey this is not authorisation to throw out the boxes on the top shelf at the back of the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
          Now if my wife is reading this, no honey this is not authorisation to throw out the boxes on the top shelf at the back of the garage.
          :icon_eek: You shouldn't have pointed out where your stash of gear was. That was a big no-no. :D

Originally posted by Long Bow
          If I decide to get back into a hobby again will I want new / better gear, yes.
          Oh, yes. I'll definitely want some higher grade quality tac vest than that one I have (one that actually fits). Maybe some a pair or two of the newer CUs (ACU, MCU, etc.) too along with the new tac vest.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
            :icon_eek: You shouldn't have pointed out where your stash of gear was. That was a big no-no. :D
            That box probably contains her forgotten collection of Beanie Babies. ;)
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X