Speed Channel Where art thou?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Channel Where art thou?

Does anybody know what happened to the speed channel? Ive always wondering why it disappeared without any warning?

Re: Speed Channel Where art thou?

It went into a treatment program? (I don't know, I don't have cable)
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

It could've gone digital. Comcast in my area has made several normal channels, like the History Channel and Cartoon Network, digital only, meaning you need a set top box to view them. I'd check with you're local provider or on Speed's website, they have a link in the top right that say "Got Speed?".
      BF 2142:|TG| Birdman10113
      CoD4: |TG|Birdman

Let's put the badges here...

Comment

As long as we never lose the History Channel, I'm good. I never knew you could make so much programming about WWII.
        "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
        -- Red Forman

Comment

I got it, at least I think that is it anyway. I do think it is in the digital package though.

Comment

I haven't bothered with speed channel for a while now.

They started out being great. Then they dropped their WRC coverage :icon_mad: and increased their NAsSCAR coverage, oh joy. "6 left opens, 200, 6 left opens into 200, 6 left opens....." :row__590: (a few of you might find that funny?)

It seemed to me that they put much more focus into NASCAR and associated series and dropped the more varied motorsports. Theres already a crap load of NASCAR channels why cater to it even more?

But I digress, whats speeds format like now?

Comment

It's horrible. Very little racing other than stock cars, lots of talk shows about stock cars and reality shows about building Harleys or muscle cars or pimpmobiles.

So I dumped Speed too. I kept it for a long time just for F1, but the way FIA tried to rig the championship the last two years, I gave up on that even.

Hadn't seen any of the following for years...
              WRC
              JGTC
              ETCC
              BTCC
              DTM
              V8 Supercars
              Legends of Motorsport
              Lap of the Gods

Comment

Wow dude I used to watch the speed channel alot and somehow untill I saw this post I never knew it was gone ?? Confusing
                |TG| Plude220

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                  I got it, at least I think that is it anyway. I do think it is in the digital package though.
                  Yeah, I double checked my channel lineup through my cable company and then double checked it on the tube and I have it. Hardly ever watch it though, unless it is something about tearing apart an older car and restoring it or possibly just beefing one up.
                  Now I like watching OUTDR(Outdoor) channel. It usually has a lot of off-road'ing stuff I get into like Off-Road Adventures.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X