Land Rover Discovery Owners???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Rover Discovery Owners???

Are there any people on the forums that own Land Rovers? More specificly the DISCOVERY?

My Mitsubishi Montero that I got for free needs a new tranny, and its not cheap, I have been planning on replacing it with some Jap Truck or SUV, then I found out a family freind has a 1992 Landrover Discovery with 46,000 one owner miles. Yep only 46,000 miles. I can pick it up for $2000, and my Girl is allready sold on the car, I still have reservations about its reliabillity. Any one here own one, did you love it? Did you hate it?

Re: Land Rover Discovery Owners???

It is a Toyota, what else should be said? I mean look on the Discovery channel and what vehicle do you see mainly on their expeditions they are taking. Land Rovers and Range Rovers, that alone should tell you they are dependable vehicles but of course maintenance is the key factor to any vehicle. How well they took care of it and how hard they drove it. I mean do they look like the type of people that babied it or always hard take offs? A lot of people will say how an engine is by checking the engine oil but that doesn't mean anything, they may have changed it right before putting it up for sale. You have to guess how the people drove the vehicle and maintained it. $2,000 doesn't sound like to bad of a price for the vehicle though considering the year if it is in good shape. Look at the http://www.nadaguides.com/home.aspx?...=28&p=0&f=5000 value of the vehicle as well, if they even have a Land Rover.

Comment

my cousin has one. i believe it is like a 2000. i went down to LA with him on it and it drove great and got decent millage. its got a pretty good takeoff. does good at high speeds. for him it has been a great car. really no problems except for the usual maintenance.
      |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

I can't talk about the newer LD's but my family, in South Africa, have been in persistent ownership of Landies back to the 60's. My step dad currently drives a Disco with a BMW engine. They are about as close to bulletproof as you can get, and can be cared for with a minimum of tools and experience (as designed). I'd say go for it. 46k one owner miles seems pretty damn good. If you take the time to learn the engine, you could probably happily drive the Gobi or something in it without fear. Having said that, its worth, as mentioned, doing a little research into how they treated it. However, there is a reason there are a lot of 70's age LDs still on the roads in Africa.
        Do or do not, there is no try....
        -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Picked it up..

Land Rover has the highest percentage of vehicles made vs vehicles still on the road (or off for that matter)

Land Cruisers are Toyota's
          This vehicle is Brittish ;)

Comment

i wish i could own the land rover defender 90, yellow canvas top.......but alas the discovery is one rugged vehicle, actually land rover in general makes a extremely awesome 4x4.
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
              Land Cruisers are Toyota's
              This vehicle is Brittish ;)
              Yep, you are right. I got confused about that and thought that was what you were talking about, a Toyota Land Cruiser.

Comment

The Land Cruiser is another simply awesome vehicle. Comfortable, yet you know it will take you wherever you need to go. Period.
                |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Way comfortable seats.. I tell you the last time I had a vehicle with seats this nice was my $500 '84 Mercedes 190E.. (most comfortable chair I've ever owned.. Till Now!!)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X