Grand Torino

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Torino

Ok, Just finished this latest EASTWOOD pic... and it is VERY GOOD... Kinda a swan song to all his earlier work..where the unnamed man cleans house.. He takes a different approach.. His acting is fine..and kinda Archie Bunkeresque.

But to see he Starred/directed and Produced it.. Kinda impressive in this one trick pony world...

5 Stars..best REAL movie of the year (I liked BatMan as a FUN Movie though!)
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: Grand Tornio

I figured it being named what it is(Gran Torino) it would have something to do with the Ford Gran Torino I thought I spotted in one of the trailers. I remember the '72 Gran Torino my dad had, it had the 429 with the 4-speed tranny, 4:11 gearing and man that thing would fly. Pull the wheels off the road on take off a little and that was impressive for a stock engine on a big bodied long car. Wish I had it now.

As for the movie, it is Eastwood so it must be somewhat good.

Comment

Yeah Eastwood's character worked in a Ford Plant and built that one (Or parts of it) in 1972 (I think).... It's not critical to the movie but a catalyst.. (wow!)
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Saw an extended preview for Grand Tornio when I saw Valkyrie this past week. I have to say the first preview looked like some grumpy old man shooting off his gun at a local street gang. But were that is part of the story (or so it looks) the preview I saw showed a that there is a lot more going on then just Eastwood and a rifle... I may have to go out and see it in theaters versus just waiting for the DVD.

~ Draken

Comment

Saw it too. Ending surprised me a wee bit. Great movie for a bunch of new timers.
          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

just watched it, it is by far the best movie i have seen in a long long time... touching, and very true to life
            powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Filmed in Fabulous Detroit Metro :)
              "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
              Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

FANTASTIC movie.. The only thing I didn't like was Eastwood singing at the end. That made me cringe.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                  FANTASTIC movie.. The only thing I didn't like was Eastwood singing at the end. That made me cringe.
                  LOL!! You caught that too eh? I guess he can't do it all...

:row__536:
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Originally posted by DrakenViator View Post
                    S.. I may have to go out and see it in theaters versus just waiting for the DVD.

~ Draken
                    Especially since you are from Michigan...some of it may hit home... Not that it's about Cars and Detroit.. but it's part of life there and what makes the man Eastwood plays..
                    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                      The only thing I didn't like was Eastwood singing at the end. That made me cringe.
                      What was he singing and did it blow his badass image...

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
                        Especially since you are from Michigan...some of it may hit home... Not that it's about Cars and Detroit.. but it's part of life there and what makes the man Eastwood plays..
                        Draken wouldn't understand, he's in small town Grand Rapids... waaaay on the other side of the state ;)
                        "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                        Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X