Insane ammo types

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insane ammo types

Ive been looking around the net for different types of ammunition mainly for my shotgun and came across some really strange ammo check out these websites.

http://www.deltaforce.com/catalog/12gaugeammo.html

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalo...specialty-ammo

The second website has a flamethrower round, flashbang round, and teargas rounds for 12Ga shotguns! You got to check out the pic of the flamethrower round its crazy.
    |TG| Plude220

Re: Insane ammo types

i dont care what they say...bean bags suck. They leave a bruise like no other. and burn when they hit.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

The makers of the less lethal ammo make some good points if you are attacked, robbed, or at the house and some one breaks in and you shot and killed them with todays crazy laws thier a possibility you could get charged with man slauter that is why Im going to start carrying rubber ammo Im still going to keep live ammo on my gun just incase but live ammo would be a last resort.
      |TG| Plude220

Comment

what you need to do is find out your states laws. I know ohio has castle doctrine, which in effect says if you are defending your place of residence, you are protected by law. Im not sure about alabama.

edit...alabama has castle doctrine, so fire away.

One thing to keep in mind. With less then lethal ammo you can still do alot of damage if the bad guy gets hit in the head or heart area. So instead of manslaughter chargers you could be faceing a civil suit by the BGs family becuase you hit him in the face and is now a veg for the rest of his life. And if im forced to fire my firearm on a BG, he will be going down.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I've known about a lot of that ammunition for a few years. I'd love to get a beat up shotgun to fire one of those dragon (flamethrower) rounds from. I heard they wreck havoc on your barrel.

EDIT: I just checked the links. Apparently that's not a dragon round. Dragon rounds use a chemical reaction to create a flash flame, not a shower of sparks. They claim it's safe for your barrel, but I'd imagine there is a lot of extra barrel cleaning involved afterward, since the titanium might cling to the inside of your barrel.

On the side topic: Unfortunate for me, New Jersey hasn't any decent laws pertaining to defending one's home. Not only that, recently they passed a law limiting "self defense". Basically, you no longer have to prove self defense to a judge if charges are filed, but instead to a jury. You will be tried for assault/manslaughter/murder if you attack somebody in defense of yourself or your home, having to prove in a regular trial that you were defending yourself. Talk about making money for the lawyers!
          Bucklin out.

Comment

18-1-704.5. Use of deadly physical force against an intruder.

(1) The general assembly hereby recognizes that the citizens of Colorado have a right to expect absolute safety within their own homes.

(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of section 18-1-704, any occupant of a dwelling is justified in using any degree of physical force, including deadly physical force, against another person when that other person has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, and when the occupant has a reasonable belief that such other person has committed a crime in the dwelling in addition to the uninvited entry, or is committing or intends to commit a crime against a person or property in addition to the uninvited entry, and when the occupant reasonably believes that such other person might use any physical force, no matter how slight, against any occupant.

(3) Any occupant of a dwelling using physical force, including deadly physical force, in accordance with the provisions of subsection (2) of this section shall be immune from criminal prosecution for the use of such force.

(4) Any occupant of a dwelling using physical force, including deadly physical force, in accordance with the provisions of subsection (2) of this section shall be immune from any civil liability for injuries or death resulting from the use of such force.

Colorado law allows for the Use of deadly force If somebody breaks into your home and you believe their intent is to commit a crime against you. this state isn't too bad on crim especially in rural area's. we have a gun hidden but I hope and expect never to use it against another person. if some ******* wants to push his luck and break in he's going to take a 12 gauge to the chest, and if that didn't remove any weapon he had in his hand and put him on the ground He'll get a second one to the face.

I have the right to be safe in my "Dwelling" :].

Comment

Only in America....
              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                Only in America....
                No, actually, it's based on common law that is centuries old...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Here's a nice list. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_...astle_Doctrine

And duty to retreat is also based on centuries old common law.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                    Here's a nice list. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_...astle_Doctrine

And duty to retreat is also based on centuries old common law.
                    Sometimes I love Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Plude220 View Post
                      The makers of the less lethal ammo make some good points if you are attacked, robbed, or at the house and some one breaks in and you shot and killed them with todays crazy laws thier a possibility you could get charged with man slauter that is why Im going to start carrying rubber ammo Im still going to keep live ammo on my gun just incase but live ammo would be a last resort.
                      I'll tell you the same thing my CHL instructor told me: "When it comes to self-defense, find out what police officers are using in your area and carry the same thing."

Less than lethal rounds are better off for SWAT teams and others who have knowledge in their use. Anything non-standard can open you up for prosecution. Granted, with the passage of castle laws (or stand-your-ground laws) in many states, you can be immune from both criminal and civil prosecution, someone could always make the case that you weren't trying to stop a crime, you were trying to cause as much physical pain to the assailant as possible.

The use of a firearm is to stop an attacker. A good hollow-point or 12 gauge buckshot would do the job just the same. You do not want to worry about multiple choices during a stressful situation. Find a firearm you are comfortable with, load it with high quality rounds, and be prepared to use it if you have to.

Once you have decided to fire that weapon, I would assume that the attacker has already done something that has escalated the situation to a level where deadly force is required. You do not want to be in that situation with a less accurate round that may just stun an attacker and leave him with the ability to inflict harm. And in either case you are still exercising deadly force.

Comment

the best solution I see is to load the first two rounds with non-lethal....

if they are still coming after two (and two rubber bullets to the sternum from a .45 at 40ft. will drop anyone for at least a second... enough time to warn them about the next one)... pull the same trigger one more time.

if they have a gun just pull three times. the first ones will put them off balance for the 1 second it takes the third one to leave the barrel.

this allows you to have the peace that you can defend yourself without loss of life if possible, but you have 12 more chances to drop them for good if you need to.
                        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by Plude220 View Post
                          The second website has a flamethrower round, flashbang round, and teargas rounds for 12Ga shotguns! You got to check out the pic of the flamethrower round its crazy.
                          There's a link to a video in the comments of the "flamethrower" round

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2016028035

You'll probably have to watch it twice to get the full effect, I missed it the first time.
                          Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
                            the best solution I see is to load the first two rounds with non-lethal....
                            I wouldn't content myself with two rounds at an attacker. You can sit here and come up with scenarios all day, but in the heat of the moment all those ideas go to Hell.

this allows you to have the peace that you can defend yourself without loss of life if possible, but you have 12 more chances to drop them for good if you need to.
                            Your desire to stop the loss of life by putting your own in danger is admirable (I'm not being coy here, I mean it).

Here's the way I look at it:
                            I make my intent known to a criminal who is wronging me in some way. Whether it's theft or physical harm is irrelevant. If the situation escalates and my firearm enters the scenario I make abundantly clear my intention "If you do not stop, I will open fire."

By acting in an overt manner, thre is no question to either my adversary or any bystanders about what my intentions are.

If the adversary still intends to me me harm after I have overtly threatened the use of deadly force to defend myself, then I have to assume he will use deadly force against me. Seriously, what person just looking for a quick theft would attempt to accost a person with the intention and means to kill them?

Since the situation has escalated to a degree where deadly force is warranted, I want the best option available to me to stop the adversary and make sure he has no other means to cause me harm once I have acted.

That's my problem with less than lethal rounds. Cops use them because the 4 other guys behind the guy holding the beat-bag shotgun are ready to pour hollow-point 9mm rounds into the guy if he doesn't go down. We don't have that luxury.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                              No, actually, it's based on common law that is centuries old...
                              Yep. :icon14:
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X