X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban tool in recruiting by the U.S. Army: An arcade

Interesting article:

Urban tool in recruiting by the U.S. Army: An arcade

At the Franklin Mills mall here, past the Gap Outlet and the China Buddha Express, is a $13 million video arcade that the United States Army hopes will become a model for recruitment in urban areas, where the armed services typically have a hard time attracting recruits.

The Army Experience Center is a fitting counterpart to the retail experience: 14,500 square feet of mostly shoot-'em-up video games and three full-scale simulators, including an AH-64 Apache Longbow helicopter, an armed Humvee and a Black Hawk copter with M4 carbine assault rifles. For those who want to take the experience deeper, the center has 22 recruiters. Or for more immediate full-contact mayhem, there are the outlet stores.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Urban tool in recruiting by the U.S. Army: An arcade

Great news mom! I got the high score on Sudden Sniper 4 and I joined the army!

Neat idea I suppose. I know some people will freak.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

All about the glory, and very little of the grit, I imagine.

So they're ready to jump into the excitement, only to land in Boot Camp. :P
      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

I thought that sentence was going to end with "land in the excrement". :p
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I might have to take a drive to see this for real.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Hey it worked in an old Classic!

THE LAST STARFIGHTER

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087597/

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Haha, Randy you should show up and start playing while yelling "boom headshot!" and "I wanna keal'm! I, I wanna see blood, gore, and guts an' veins in mah teeth!"

Comment

Ha! The sad thing is that this probably works well...
                  USAR

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRJmXct6wTg[/media]

had to,
                    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

An army recruiter came into my old highschool a few months ago and used a similar technique on my friend's brother.

The recruiter showed him his psp with Medal of Honor on it, and told my friend's brother that he just got back from Iraq and that the game was exactly what it was like.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by pedestrian01 View Post
                        The recruiter showed him his psp with Medal of Honor on it, and told my friend's brother that he just got back from Iraq and that the game was exactly what it was like.
                        All the same except the "RESPAWN" feature...:icon_eek:

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Was it Stripes or Alice's Restaurant where the recruit candidates and the recruiter are excitedly chanting "Kill! Kill! Kill!"?
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X