No announcement yet.

2009 Gadgets So What do we want to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Gadgets So What do we want to see?

Random discussion about 2009 and the upcoming gadgets. I just took a few days off to check out the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas for 2009. Lots of interesting stuff some useful and others pointless. Look online and see if you can find some interesting stuff your self! So here's my question, what do you want to see in 2009. 2008 was pretty much killed by vista and then overreacting excitement from the iphone. So what excites you this year and what would? And yes... project money tree is not ready yet... were not getting past anything but duck taping bills to a leaves... Science only go so far ^^
    csxgamerz

Re: 2009 Gadgets So What do we want to see?

I want to see a netbook that's about twice the size of an iPhone, has wifi/wimax AND 3G connectivity. Small enough to put in my back pocket, but big enough to actually consider it as a PC.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
      I want to see a netbook that's about twice the size of an iPhone, has wifi/wimax AND 3G connectivity. Small enough to put in my back pocket, but big enough to actually consider it as a PC.
      Building off of that...

I want a netbook that costs under $500 has at least a 10" screen with at least 1024 x 768 screen resolution, 7 hour battery life, 2 GB of RAM, and a dedicated graphics chipset. Then it would let me game a little more than Starcraft and I can read a dozen e-books before the battery runs out. :)
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
        ...and I can read a dozen e-books before the battery runs out. :)
        A dozen books in only 7 hours? Wow!

But how about a netbook that has an LCD where it's normally located, but an e-ink display on the outside/other side of the lid? Make it a real e-book reader!
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I want cheap OEM cell phone guts that I can use for robotics. Alas, finding OEM stuff in small form factor with decent processing power that doesn't cost an arm and a leg is tough. You can have small, cheap, and powerful, but only two of those at a time.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I'd love a new smart phone that bests the iPhone but is for T-Mobile. And smaller.
            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Im waiting on the Mac Book Wheel
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                Im waiting on the Mac Book Wheel
                using a wheel to scroll through letters, then have to right click too if I want it in capitals? doesn't sound too easy to use. I don't see how that would be less intensive than a key board?
                Proud to have been an Irregular

Comment

Check the source of the link. It's The Onion. :) It was a parody.

Comment

I want a touchscreen 10" 1440x900 tablet with a slot-load BR/DVDRW / 4gig ram max / 1.8" hdd / dual core cpu, radeon 3450 / intel gma 950 hybrid and a laser projection full size keyboard.

a 3mp 180* rotating webcam, atsc tv tuner, windows 7 home premium, 6-8 hour battery, biometric reader, etc... something like this:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X