Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rainbow Six: Las Vegas 2 for 10$ on Steam!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow Six: Las Vegas 2 for 10$ on Steam!

I thought I should try and advertise this here. Vegas 2 looks like it should fit in with the TG crowd but I don't know how many of you guys actually play it online. I found surprisingly little info about this game on the forums here. I finished it in co-op with my friend on his xbox360 and really enjoyed it but I haven't played it online personally.

Anyway, it's only 9.99$ on Steam for this weekend only and I'm thinking about grabbing it.

Anyone else going to?
    "Video games develop hand-eye coordination, and make kids into better human beings!" - Prof. Membrane

Re: Rainbow Six: Las Vegas 2 for 10$ on Steam!

It's a great game, and worth the 10$ sale price.

Comment

Raven Shield was the last real Rainbow Six.

All those Tom Clancy's games have been made too casual-friendly IMHO. Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, R6...
      |TG|muttonchops

Comment

I think the Vegas series was top notch.

Comment

Sure, they were good games but just not Rainbow Six as it used to be.
          |TG|muttonchops

Comment

I played Rouge Spear for hours as a kid. I really really like how you can customize your character in Vegas though.
            "Video games develop hand-eye coordination, and make kids into better human beings!" - Prof. Membrane

Comment

ROUGE SPEAR was the best.

I still have good memories of battling it out in the met.
              |TG|Switch

Better known as:
              That noob who crashed the chopper.
              That noob who ran over the mine.
              That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
              That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

I enjoyed the first vegas so at the price it's at I had to buy it :D

Anyone at TG still play?

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Think I sold my copy to someone here, so maybe they'll be able to play.

Comment

Originally posted by sniggedi View Post
                    Raven Shield was the last real Rainbow Six.
                    Here here! I agree 100%. I'm actually playing it right now. :P

By the way... Steam shows Vegas 2 at $20.00. I bought Vegas 1 at Walmart for $9.99 though.
                    "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

I think Vegas 2 is the best one so far followed by Raven Shield.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I loved Raven Shield and played Rogue Spear for a looooong time. Anyone remember the good old NATO mods to have a crapload of weapons?

Anyways, bought Vegas 1 and was very disappointed at the general bugginess of the game. Uninstalled it and shelved it as one of the worst game I ever bought. For 10$ it sure is tempting but I do not know if I can trust them not to have screwed it up like the first one or the other games that came out around the same time.

Splinter Cell double-agent. Great game and storyline, game locks up 1 second before the final movie.
                        |TG-Irr| D_Ronin
                        sigpic
                        "As the storm gathers, some run from the clouds in fear...Others prepare for the rain."

Comment

Originally posted by D_Ronin View Post
                          I loved Raven Shield and played Rogue Spear for a looooong time. Anyone remember the good old NATO mods to have a crapload of weapons?

Anyways, bought Vegas 1 and was very disappointed at the general bugginess of the game. Uninstalled it and shelved it as one of the worst game I ever bought. For 10$ it sure is tempting but I do not know if I can trust them not to have screwed it up like the first one or the other games that came out around the same time.

Splinter Cell double-agent. Great game and storyline, game locks up 1 second before the final movie.
                          Have you patched the game?
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yeah, sounds like its your problem, Vegas 1 ran great, but I only played it on the console. Vegas 2 I had for the PC, and it ran just fine, no problems.

Comment

Vegas 2 was great, despite being a rather obnoxious port. Lots of customization, though I did feel the weapons were.. all the same, apart from 1 or 2 stat differences. Why would you pick a G36C over a XM8, other than looks? There's no difference in handling, sights (scope).. etc. The later unlocks are simply better than the first guns you get.

It was great, in a very arcadey way. I enjoyed Raven Shield for its (attempt at) realism and room clearing tactics and whatnot, but Vegas is just about good shooty fun. Enemy! Ratatatatata. Move on. Also, +10 xp.

I missed a lot of addons though. Masterkey, anyone? M203/M320? Different ammunition?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X