How's Baghdad in June?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's Baghdad in June?

I'll be vacationing in Baghdad, Iraw in late June, Early July. Plan on staying for 8 to 12 months (really depends on the local attractions and site seeing). How's the weather in the middle of summer? Middle of winter? Middle of a fire fight?
    USAR

Re: How's Baghdad in June?

Wind is light from the Southeast with occasional gusts of up to 200kg of Semtex.
    Forecast calls for 5% chance of IED with a slim possibility of a VBIED before nightfall.
    A winter weather advisory is in effect for all imperialist forces until a high pressure system of justice that should sweep in from the West by weeks end.
    Expect scattered suicide bombings and the occasional mortar round.
    Ecology as a social principle . . . condemns cities, culture, industry, technology, the intellect, and advocates men's return to "nature," to the state of grunting subanimals digging the soil with their bare hands.

Comment

Summer is hot.

Winter is cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Olag_hai View Post
        Wind is light from the Southeast with occasional gusts of up to 200kg of Semtex.
        Forecast calls for 5% chance of IED with a slim possibility of a VBIED before nightfall.
        A winter weather advisory is in effect for all imperialist forces until a high pressure system of justice that should sweep in from the West by weeks end.
        Expect scattered suicide bombings and the occasional mortar round.
        That is freakin hilarious, but oh so true.

Dont believe what AFN radio tells you about the temps, its wrong.

Was outside of Baghdad several years ago, and it was HOT. Summers, it got upto 150 but normally stayed around 120-130. Its dry heat, so you dont see yourself sweat until you take your IBA off and realize your shirt will stand on its own from all the salt embedded in it. Riding in the gunner position was like being baked in one of those Subway ovens. During the winter, it may drop into the 40s, but your freezing your ass off from being used to the 130 temps.

I remember my first night in Kuwait, I had just flown there from Kansas and it was 30 degrees in the states and 85-95 degrees during the days in Kuwait. This is mid march, and stepping off the plane I was sweating buckets. That night it got down to 50-60 degrees and I was running around in shorts and a t-shirt while the guys heading out where in their cold weather gear, I didnt understand why. One year later as I was leaving Iraq, via Kuwait, I realized why as I ran around in my cold weather gear in the same temps as I had arrived in.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X