No announcement yet.

Million Man Lan 4

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Million Man Lan 4

Surely someone here has heard about Million Man Lan but probably not many.
    Every June a group of Lan party folks put together a huge version of a Lan party they do several times a year.
    The little ones are called LanWar, the big one is called Million Man Lan. (No, there aren't a million people)
    This coming June will be the fourth MML and my third. People come from all over and from great distances to game for 4 days and 3 nights.
    This thing is sponsored by names you may have heard of; Cisco, nVidia, ATI, ASUS, DFI, Coolermaster, and many others.
    The network is a Cisco network with 100mb connections and a gigabit backbone. The tournament machines are on their own little network.
    I expect we will have upward of 1500 or more gamers this year... all in one giant room at the Kentucky State Fairgrounds in Louisville.
    Every game you can imagine will be played with many tournaments and big prizes.
    There are giveaways and demonstrations of new hardware from video cards to motherboards to cases to fans... you name it.
    Come one, come all, bring the family if ya want... Six Flags is on the same grounds.
    My friend Usarion is coming from Canada. Snake-Hunter is coming from North Carolina, Disaster is going to try to come from Washington state. I and some local peeps will be coming from the Chattanooga TN area with maybe a few in our group from Florida.

The dates this year will be June 23-26, 2005! Registration will open late February for the event! So start planning now!

Way too much to put in one post so I'll give a link.

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Re: Million Man Lan 4

I've always heard about this thing, but I've never been in a position to attend.

I think it's about time I do something about that.

I'm very interested to see what interest this gains here.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

I've been to one of the LanWar events. It was well run and a lot of fun.

Perhaps we could combine this with a N42, er, TG Bash?

I will be there this year. Scoop has some pics from last year, and it looks like a blast. I will be putting my rig in my trunk and driving from Canada.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

I talked to my dad about it like a week ago and he MIGHT be ok with me going :)

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed