New to the Site...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Site...

So I was drifting around the web (I do this from time to time) and I started up a search for this site (which I had been to a while back). I figured I might as well finally register.

I'm out and about searching for a tactical community I can join. I hate gaming solo, and I utterly DESPISE non-tactical play. I've run a few Tactical Realism units in my time, and been involved with several other units (as well as leagues, and organizations).

I'm a former Active Duty Infantry Marine (0331 - Machinegunner) with some time in Iraq and 12 other countries around the world. After that I signed on with a metro Police department where I currently spend my days.

I'm basically looking to get involved in a community that is tactically oriented. I want to get in-game with people who have the same mindset, and who can function as a team. It's not often you find that so hopefully this is the place.

I guess I should mention that my forum name is my in-game name in most games I play. Its definitely a favorite character of mine from the comics and I even went so far as to tattoo the skull (the avatar I have) onto my forearm.

So anyway... I look forward to getting more involved here. I read through most of the starter threads and the basic information about you as a whole. I'll get my TS re-installed and see if I can't join you guys in some games.

Though, I guess I should mention that I don't have many of the new games (Crysis is probably the newest one I own in the FPS side of the house). I still cling desperately to the classics like Rainbow Six: Raven Shield, and SWAT 4. Having come from the days before the internet (back when the 5 1/4 games were the thing to own), and having owned nearly every console game back to the Atari... I'm not as quick to jump on the wagons anymore. Seems like a new game in most of the series comes out yearly and I just don't have the patience to keep up with them (Call of Duty for example... I stopped at UO and 2).

But, I'll see if I can't get in there and join you guys in some sort of game or two.
    "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Re: New to the Site...

Welcome to Tactical Gamer! This is by and far the most mature and tactically oriented community I've come across on the internet. Hopefully, you'll enjoy it as much as I have! :)
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome, I've been here for a short while and this place is so much better than some other forums that I visit. I really like it here :)

Comment

Welcome

I would suggest you look at these two games;

Armed Assault, ultra realistic combat sim, mostly coop play against the computer and recently has had busy action on the TG server

Project Reality, a free mod for Battlefield 2 that is very successful and releasing a new version this Friday, TG has a 62 player server that is busy 24/7

of the two I would recommend PR this weekend as its new release and thats a big buzz to get in on

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes. Yeah I have ArmA but I didn't get much into it. Reminded me of Operation Flashpoint with a dozen extra controls that need to be keyboard mapped. But it definitely is the most realistic game out there.

As for Project Reality... I ended up getting involved with their first beta release a ways back. I moved on to something else then returned to it not too long ago to see how things changed. Unfortunately my computer was attacked and I lost everything (which is why I no longer have TS). So I'd need to re-install my BF2 and get the new mod again. When they release it Friday I'll see about grabbing it.

Because of my work, I'm more of a daytime or early evening gamer. I try to get on when I can but juggle family life at the same time. I used to spend hours upon hours playing games. But those days are now gone. I'll still try and swing through this weekend with the PR mod, and try to stop by the TS tonight. I'm downloading it now.

Comment

Welcome welcome..........

Lots of good organized action on both the ARMA server and in PR. Quickest way to get to know people is just start reading through the forums of the games you are interested in, and make a few posts. Just make sure you read the server rules thread for each game, since rules can run pretty tight so it doesn't turn into a Vanilla BF2 server.

By the way, did you go through your 0331 at Camp Lejeune?

See you in game :icon26:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
              Welcome welcome..........

Lots of good organized action on both the ARMA server and in PR. Quickest way to get to know people is just start reading through the forums of the games you are interested in, and make a few posts. Just make sure you read the server rules thread for each game, since rules can run pretty tight so it doesn't turn into a Vanilla BF2 server.

By the way, did you go through your 0331 at Camp Lejeune?

See you in game :icon26:
              I was at Pendleton for my Infantry training but then ended up getting stationed at Lejeune when I hit the fleet.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X