Fedor vs Arlovski - Who will win?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedor vs Arlovski - Who will win?

Fedor. He's the best fighter in MMA. He may look a little doughy but don't judge the book by the cover. I like his stoic nature in the ring, no tattoos, no antics, etc. Just ready to fight.

http://www.afflictionclothing.com/dayofreckoning/
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Fedor vs Arlovski - Who will win?

I think Fedor will win. I doubt there is anyone out there that can stop him. Kind of like Anderson Silva in the middleweight division.

Comment

I think Arlovski has a good chance. Dispite having those loses that put him in hiding for a while, he was always one of those fighters that was smart. The only worry i have is when Fedor takes him down.
      FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

depends on which arlovski shows up...

that dude can be way scary, or way out of his league.... there is not really an in between.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

oh i totally agree with you. I hope its the arlovski that never shaved haha. during those times he ripped fighters apart. who ever convinced him to change his appearance needs to be thrown to the fishes.

Spartan 4

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
            depends on which arlovski shows up...

that dude can be way scary, or way out of his league.... there is not really an in between.
            If even the real Arlovski shows he still won't be able to beat Fedor. The man always looks bored in the ring.
            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
            - I'm on the local news!

Comment

what does that have to do with it?

Arlovski can be as dangerous as anyone. He is the fastest heavyweight I have ever seen... (though I would probably put Lesnar right there with him now...)

I am not as up on M-1 rules? what's different from pride or UFC (and yes, I know they are worlds apart... but I AM familiar with both of them.)
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I am a Fedor fan and want him to win. I know he has the skills to win for sure.

The only thing that worries me is that he can be a very wide open puncher, coming from the outside. In more recent years some of the great Pride fighters with this style have started to do poorly in NA MMA. See Wanderla's last fight, Rampage learned from the past and knew to stay in the middle, and come up and straight at him. Arlovski has been training with a top boxing coach who will be well aware of this and exploit it. So if Arlovski can weather a barage and come up through the middle and land a solid combo he could take Fedor by surprise. Fedor can be a technical striker but I find more times he is a thrower, he likes to lunge in with a big jab or 1-2 lunge combo, if he gets caught it could be lights out. He does have fast hands and reactions though so he can get away with it most times.

However if Arlovski goes to the ground I frear for his limbs, he looked plain awfull vs. Roy Nelson on the ground (a great ground fighter). Or if Arlovski gets timid and starts backing away and trying to turtle a bit he may be at risk of blunt force truma. Fedor has taken some beatings and come back to win, he seems to be patient when he needs to be and visicous when needed or plan sneaky with an arm bar.

The only other thing I worry about is that the ref will stop the fight early and not let the fighters work.

_________

I'm not sure about all the differences with M-1 and Pride vs. UFC. In Pride though you can knee to the head when the opponent is down on the ground, soccer kicks and head stomps are allowed to a downed apponent as well but I don't think they allow elbows? (or maybe not on the ground?). Pride was really great to watch because you couldn't just lay on the ground against a guy like Wand and take a breather. Wand would stomp your head through the mat if you did that or tee off on your skull if you missed a takedown attempt :icon26: Look up Wanderla vs. Fujita to see a nice bout, turn up the volume [!SMACK!]

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
                  what does that have to do with it?

Arlovski can be as dangerous as anyone. He is the fastest heavyweight I have ever seen... (though I would probably put Lesnar right there with him now...)

I am not as up on M-1 rules? what's different from pride or UFC (and yes, I know they are worlds apart... but I AM familiar with both of them.)
                  I'm saying the real, in-form, Arlovski won't be able to beat Fedro. I don't think Arlovski has had the consistency of Fedro. That and the fact Fedro is just a better fighter in my opinion. Though we will see, Arlovski could certainly win, which saves me from eating my predicition :)

I'm just hoping MMA (well, it appears it has) doesn't turn into professional boxing where there are so many belts held by different fighters that it's hard to tell who is the champion in their weight divisions. This fight held by Afflication is one example.
                  |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                  - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
                    I'm just hoping MMA (well, it appears it has) doesn't turn into professional boxing where there are so many belts held by different fighters that it's hard to tell who is the champion in their weight divisions. This fight held by Afflication is one example.
                    It doesn't seem to be going that way for the time being. The main issue was guys like Don King using fighters to pad their own pockets. In MMA, those types of promoters tend to be despised by the active MMA community and generally end up out on their butts when their meal ticket doesn't perform (look at Gary Shaw and Kimbo Slice). Hopefully, it stays this way.

I enjoy watching both of these fighters and I don't care who wins either way. Personally though, I've always found the heavyweight divisions boring. Many fighters in the past have relied purely on their size to win the day. Many of the matches turn into a few seconds of wild swings and if neither fighter goes down, we're then looking at 3-5 rounds of jabs, leg-kicks, and hugging.

The thing about Fedor is that he just happens to be a heavyweight who has the talent and skill that smaller divisions has had for years. Many other heavyweights wouldn't last long at all in the middleweight division with some of the killers out there if it weren't for their size. Look at it this way, Arlovski's ground-game is considered "weak" and yet he's the top contender to beat the best HW in the world?

That sums up the issue with the heavyweight division. There are just so few well-rounded fighters out there that a guy like Fedor can come in a crack skulls so easily.

Comment

Ouch!

http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2009...ain-wamma-belt

Fedors a class act. I can't wait till he fights Lesner.
                      |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                      - I'm on the local news!

Comment

If Fedor can destroy Andrei Arlovski like that, he will destroy Lesnar even faster...shame the fight lasted so short.

Comment

Ah what a shame, I though Fedor would win but deep down inside I wanted Arlovski to come out on top. Great respect for both fighters. Its a shame it didn't last longer, but Arlovskis chin didn't seem up to the task.

I want to see Fedor destroy Lesnar and never see that big oaf again.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

The truth is that Fedor and Lesnar won't fight. As long as Lesnar stays in the UFC, i don't think any of us will see this fight. Maybe if Lesnar loses his title and UFC throws him overboard we will see it but don't lose any sleep over it.

Spartan 4

Comment

Hence why I am hoping Frank Mir beats Lesnar so that Lesnar gets tossed out :)

Oh well..one can dream.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X