Goldeneye Source Beta 3 Trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldeneye Source Beta 3 Trailer

A couple of you know I've been involved with the Goldeneye Source mod, which is trying to bring the classic gameplay of N64's Goldeneye 007 to the PC. Three years from the initial Alpha release, Beta 3 is going to be out in February. Here's the gameplay action trailer.

Goldeneye Source Beta 3 Gameplay Trailer on YT. (720p HD)

I invite everyone to give it a shot upon release. I'm happy to be abandoning TF2 and L4D for it, and I'm confident many of you will enjoy it, too. While my personal involvement with TG has drawn to a close, I will be expecting to see some [TG] tags across the servers, as one of our design points has been to encourage round-based, team-based contest.

Cheers.

Re: Goldeneye Source Beta 3 Trailer

Way too fast and twitchy for me. Left games at this speed behind me 15 years ago.

Can't believe you will see a lot of team tactics at these speeds. Just a lotof people running around bunny hopping and blasting away. Even your trailer showcased the bunny hop.

Comment

Sorry you've slowed with age. I'm already feeling it creeping up on me, though most of that's due to drinking too much soda. The corn syrup is lethal.

I fought for a bunny-hop throttling mechanism. It's not as strict as I wanted, but it has been instituted since the video was filmed. Jump height has also been reduced. Furthermore, jumping is a server option, since Goldeneye 007 had no jumping at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Toshido View Post
        Way too fast and twitchy for me. Left games at this speed behind me 15 years ago.

Can't believe you will see a lot of team tactics at these speeds. Just a lotof people running around bunny hopping and blasting away. Even your trailer showcased the bunny hop.
        Same. I've tried the release that's out now for this and it's just sprinting and jumping. Not the type of game I enjoy personally but I'm sure plenty will. It sure does look the part... but it doesn't give me that warm and fuzzy running that fast.
        "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

"I've tried the release that's out now"

My condolences; that thing is an unplayable atrocity. I told them not to release it, but they weren't taking my advice at the time.

Comment

I'd play that, goldeneye was one of the first games were i would go round my mates just to play it.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
            "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

Is there a 'paint ball' mode?

~ Draken

Comment

Paintball is a server option.

Comment

I remember playing goldeneye at my friends house back when he had an N64. I'll be sure to get the release. Props for working on a mod that is an adaptation of a truly stellar game (for it's time of course.)

Comment

Looks great and brings back a ton of memories but I also did notice that it was running at almost 2x the speed I was use to.

Comment

I hated having to aim down for Oddjob.

Looks great!

Comment

Brings back memories of my N64. I'll give it a shot.

Comment

This mod is shaping up very well, remember playing one of the releases a long long time ago. Goldeneye on the N64 is still one of the great classics, considering it was game of the year two years in a row.

Comment

The mod has come a long way from its first beta release but still has a long way to go. Looking forward to this.
                            |TG| Plude220

Comment

In my opinion, that was the best multiplayer game ever! I will definitely get it. One of my favorite games of all time.
                              sigpic
                              I'm Back.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...