Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snipers, gotta love them

Man I love this pic:

Snipers in fiction are usually described as ice-cold killers, and I'm thinking there might be some truth to that :).

I have no idea how much truth there is to this story as I found this through an Icelandic link sharing site, but I still love it. So blunt. So cold.
    Last edited by Hunter; 01-27-2009, 12:00 PM.
    "Video games develop hand-eye coordination, and make kids into better human beings!" - Prof. Membrane

Re: Snipers, gotta love them

No pic?
    "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher View Post
      No pic?
      You don't see it?

It shows a pic of a guy lying prone behind a Barrett .50 and a caption:

A CNN reporter, while interviewing a Marine sniper, asked, "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?" The Marine shrugged and replied, "Recoil."
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

i dont see it either....
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
          i dont see it either....
          That is because you are not supposed to see a sniper...LOL!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Pic should be working now, it was working this morning when I put it up. Somehow [img] got changed to [media].
            "Video games develop hand-eye coordination, and make kids into better human beings!" - Prof. Membrane

Comment

Yeah I see it now. That's a very old quote that goes back a long way. If it is in fact a CNN reporter asking the question... they did so after it had been asked before. :P Most people don't understand the Marine mindset. But I'll bet the person was shocked at the answer.
              "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

I don't see it.

EDIT: I don't see it with Firefox, but I do see it via IE tab in Firefox.

Comment

Recoil? hahaha.. man that is the heart of sniper do not feel any sympathy on the target..
                  If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

I can't even fathom the mentality of those who have taken a life.

Comment

It's a light hearted retort to a stupid, insensitive question from some blow dried Geraldo wannabe. Seriously the crassness of the question is what you should be shocked at.

Military snipers have rules of engagement, they can and will only engage targets that have met the ROE. This usually means the delightful individual in the cross hairs is in the process of attempting to take another persons life either at that point or shortly in the future, possibly multiple lives. To some degree its the cleanest most honest form of combat, only the selected individual is killed, much more accurate than a bombing campaign wouldn't you say.

Comment

Sorry to be a party pooper:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/recoil.asp

Comment

Originally posted by KrautMan View Post
                          Man, you just killed a bunch of woodies.
                          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X