Need a new game to get into

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new game to get into

I am really craving a game with a good online element, preferably something with a good TG base. Last thing I played with that was Age of Conan and that died off rather quickly. Don't really care what type of game either, just looking for suggestions. Getting somewhat sick of single player games, and miss a good old game with a bunch of fellow TGers.

Thanks

Re: Need a new game to get into

wow there is a name i havent seen in a long time. Well im guessing you want a FPS? id say Bf2142 has a great following, Counter Strike is your best tactical game at TG if thats what you are wanting. Left 4 dead is really getting a following. Armed Assault if you want some decent action.

what are you in the mood for?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Left 4 Dead is awesome, so is 2142 :) A bunch of people have also picked up Dawn of War II - RTS

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...ft-4-dead.html :)

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
          wow there is a name i havent seen in a long time. Well im guessing you want a FPS? id say Bf2142 has a great following, Counter Strike is your best tactical game at TG if thats what you are wanting. Left 4 dead is really getting a following. Armed Assault if you want some decent action.

what are you in the mood for?
          Sorry but unless heavily modded, "Counterstrike" and "Tactical" need not ever be put in the same sentence. To answer the original poster though:

I've noticed a ton of the TG guys playing ArmA and BF2142. Can't say I really liked either. ArmA was the extreme of simulations where I felt like I needed a separate keyboard to map all of the keys in order to play. The BF series died for me personally during 2 if not 1942. Gets out of hand when a new "version" comes out every year or so completely different than the last.

Now not having known what games you've played (only going on Conan)... I might suggest the following:

- ArmA (if you like that extreme sim feel)
          - BF2 w/ Project Reality Mod (if you like tactical realism on a not so extreme feel)
          - Rainbow Six, Raven Shield (easily the best one of the series and makes for some great MP games)
          - SWAT 4 (oldie but a goodie. Lots of tactical potential)

The last two are oldies and may not be supported by the masses here at TG. But there's still a dozen+ servers up and running for each game and there's always people to play with. My bet is if people were reminded of how good those two games were, they may be inclined to dust their CD's off and try it out again.

Of course you have the Ghost Recon games and other tactically minded games like America's Army (the new version coming out soon). So again without knowing what you've played before... it's hard to give you some solid suggestions. But like I said, the majority of TeamSpeak seems to be filled up in the ArmA and BF areas. If you want a lot of teammates... that's probably the best route.
          "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

I am hanging out with the Armed Assult fellows for now. The server is now officially number one ranked server in the world. It is always populated. Just give us a shout and we will help you get started.

Comment

Project Reality Mod! It has the realism I want from ArmA without being too slow/complicated and has the action I want from 2142 without hearing constant futuristic explosions and wondering "where in the hell is all this noise coming from? aaaah!".

Comment

Find out what kind of game you want to try, make sure it's as popular as you'd like here at TG and jump on the server! There's friendly TG folk all over that will take care of you!!!

Comment

Cool thanks for all the suggestions.

As far as what type of game I really don't care...I am pretty much up for anything. Saying I have 2142 I might jump back into that, those games were always fun especially with a squad of TG. I have been really curious about Left 4 Dead as it won those awards as whiskey pointed out. I Just was not sure how well it was supported at TG, but it seems to have quite a following. Can you find TG on L4D on pretty much any given night?

I might just take the jump and get the game, it has been forever since I have played a new online shooter. 2142 was the last one, unless you count a betaing Enemy Territories. Out of curiosity, is anyone playing warhammer online? Seems like the MMORPG realm is kind of in a stale point at the moment.

Comment

Get L4D!! Lots of TGers play it now. Best coop game ever made IMO. Fun times:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Re9XhUow5Y[/media]
                    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher View Post
                      Sorry but unless heavily modded, "Counterstrike" and "Tactical" need not ever be put in the same sentence. To answer the original poster though:

I've noticed a ton of the TG guys playing ArmA and BF2142. Can't say I really liked either. ArmA was the extreme of simulations where I felt like I needed a separate keyboard to map all of the keys in order to play. The BF series died for me personally during 2 if not 1942. Gets out of hand when a new "version" comes out every year or so completely different than the last.

Now not having known what games you've played (only going on Conan)... I might suggest the following:

- ArmA (if you like that extreme sim feel)
                      - BF2 w/ Project Reality Mod (if you like tactical realism on a not so extreme feel)
                      - Rainbow Six, Raven Shield (easily the best one of the series and makes for some great MP games)
                      - SWAT 4 (oldie but a goodie. Lots of tactical potential)

The last two are oldies and may not be supported by the masses here at TG. But there's still a dozen+ servers up and running for each game and there's always people to play with. My bet is if people were reminded of how good those two games were, they may be inclined to dust their CD's off and try it out again.

Of course you have the Ghost Recon games and other tactically minded games like America's Army (the new version coming out soon). So again without knowing what you've played before... it's hard to give you some solid suggestions. But like I said, the majority of TeamSpeak seems to be filled up in the ArmA and BF areas. If you want a lot of teammates... that's probably the best route.
                      Then maybe you should join the server and play some rounds. Probably the best gaming experience by far is to be had in those servers.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Sorry I've been gaming online for over 15 years. I've played Counterstrike off and on since it came out (along with Day of Defeat, and every other Steam game). Unless you have some sort of realism mod on, I just can't possibly believe you're playing tactically (not running and gunning and of course due to game mechanics, shooting from the hip).

I'm always a person to give benefit of the doubt, and I know you as a player would want to stand up for the game you play. But I'm sorry... asshattery was basically born in Counterstrike and Day of Defeat. It's not a game often associated with realism, or tactical play for that matter. Even if the team you're on is tactical, it doesn't mean average Joe Blow will be on the other team. I'd rather not play a game that I know my teammate or opposition will be jumping around like a tool.

Of course that's my opinion. I've never been fond of the game or most of Steams games as they are always similar in nature (make sure that jump key is easily bound). I have gone back numerous times to see if anything has changed, and I keep getting let down. So while I respect your decision to play it and commend you for endorsing the game you like... it's not something that interests me and I can never recommend it to anyone who wants to play tactically.
                        "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

Sorry I've been gaming online for over 15 years. I've played Counterstrike off and on since it came out (along with Day of Defeat, and every other Steam game). Unless you have some sort of realism mod on, I just can't possibly believe you're playing tactically (not running and gunning and of course due to game mechanics, shooting from the hip).

I'm always a person to give benefit of the doubt, and I know you as a player would want to stand up for the game you play. But I'm sorry... asshattery was basically born in Counterstrike and Day of Defeat. It's not a game often associated with realism, or tactical play for that matter. Even if the team you're on is tactical, it doesn't mean average Joe Blow will be on the other team. I'd rather not play a game that I know my teammate or opposition will be jumping around like a tool.

Of course that's my opinion. I've never been fond of the game or most of Steams games as they are always similar in nature (make sure that jump key is easily bound). I have gone back numerous times to see if anything has changed, and I keep getting let down. So while I respect your decision to play it and commend you for endorsing the game you like... it's not something that interests me and I can never recommend it to anyone who wants to play tactically.

Join the CSS server tonight and then make your opinion. There is a mod and plenty of ideals in place to make it the exact opposite of every other CSS server listed. Tell them Trooper sent you. Play 2 rounds then come back and tell me different.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

I'm always a person to give benefit of the doubt
                            lol and yet you are totally bashing TG CS without even stepping foot on the server.... AND telling someone who has been here longer than say... January 2009.. that you dont believe that we play CS tactically to any degree.. ROFL... please dont join the server then... not with that attitude.
                            Dizlor

Comment

Where do you think TG started punisher?

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...