Finally launched my new company site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally launched my new company site

still got more to do on it, but ... here it is... http://www.acuwebservices.com/

all comments/feedback .. good and bad.. is GREATLY appreciated

thanks
    _Austin

ACU Web| | |

Re: Finally launched my new company site

I didn't click on anything but at least the front page looks great. Good luck with it.

Comment

well layed out. everything we need to know is right there on the front page, but its not cluttered.

expect some business soon.
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Very clean and very nice.

Comment

thanks guys :D I appreciate the positive feedback

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Looking good. If I didn't already have a site I'd have you do it!

Comment

man... I love how well Apophis SEO'd this site, I know back in the day he put a ton of effort into it, google already picked up this post and I got notified... nice!!!

thanks global :D, if you ever need another one ;)

ACU Web| | |

Comment

It looks really, really good. I hope you're extremely successful.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cap View Post
                  man... I love how well Apophis SEO'd this site, I know back in the day he put a ton of effort into it, google already picked up this post and I got notified... nice!!!

thanks global :D, if you ever need another one ;)
                  I'm using Joomla for my current one. Who knows, if all goes well with what it is aimed at I might need a new template.

Comment

we have a couple joomla sites we skinned / setup

http://www.kristies.org/
                    http://www.powerbalance.net/

we just started using joomla, so far our clients seem to like it

_Austin

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Ok I have a brief summary for you

GOOD:
                      *The top navigation bar makes for a great interface and navigation. Easy to get to any part of the site at anytime.

*Color scheme is spot on, the green is used really well to highlight important information. However the contrast on the links on the background is hard to read more on this later.

*I really like your Home page top banner: really pushes your main selling point of a free quote.

*There is a lot more I like, but I think you are more interested in the stuff I think needs improvement.

THINGS TO IMPROVE:

*I mentioned the links before. When that green is on the light colored background it can be hard to read. I would say blue for the links to help this, but you are using blue for headers which I like. So my only suggestion would be a dark bold grey. You used this in to highlight some other test through out the site. Although this is really a balance of hierarchy with readability. Having the green makes the site look better and more fresh, but the grey would be easier to read. You could keep the green and change the background to even the medium grey but that would be weird too.

But in reflection, the green is readable and it is not a huge amount of text. Plus the green goes a long way to carrying your color theme, if you took it out it might be lacking. After taking a second look the only place the green links really bother be is for "sample of current clients". Perhaps you could put med grey background just behind there, saying it is a separate section and you would still keep the theme of green links?

*This one bugs me, but I a overly picky so if you like it keep it...I doubt most users will not notice. But your background image "body.png" sticks out on the left side. On the right side it stops with the text frame and is all nice and aligned. But it is sticking out on the left side beyond the text frame and "home" in your top navigation bar. If I just look at the top half of the home page, it looks off center to me because of this.

*Another picky quick thing on "H2.gif" [media]http://www.acuwebservices.com/img/h2.gif[/media] and all header background like it. (I am assuming H1 H2 H3 H4 all look alike? ) I think they should have a ever so slightly beveled on all 4 corners. Even like 1-2 px, it is just a little to sharp for me tastes right now.

*Your front page contains a lot of information, which I am certainly not going to read. However it is really well organized so I can skip over the stuff I do not care about. If you were to remove stuff however the page could look like you have a lack of information and services to provide. So if you are really anal maybe tweak it, otherwise I think it is fine...maybe take some of the descriptive text out of banner1, banner2, ect?

*Your subpages "Webmaster Services" "Website design" ect are a little lack luster compared to the home page. Which is ok, they are no supposed to be the wow look at me page, they are supposed to be the tell me info page. However I think they can me easily balanced by just making a graphic for the top heading "Webmaster Services" "Website design" ect...similar to what you have in your banners. The blue on the right side of your subpages is over powering. But it really just needs a subtle bump. For example your web applications header can have those puzzle pieces behind it at like 15-20% opacity.

*I always like things explained to me in pictures, it conveys a concept quickly and easily, but is a lot harder to do. For your SEO Service box on the right side, it is balanced really nicely with blue box at top, grey in middle and the image at the bottom. However SEO means nothing to me. The text in the middle I might read, or since it is off to the side I might not bother. However the image I will definitely notice and the way you have it set up now is excellent. Only thing I might change is zoom in on the "web search" screen cap. If you study the image it is clear, however if you glance over it, it looks like a jumbled mess. It took me awhile to pay attention to it. If I was looking to have a website made I would most definitely want to take advance of that service. So you are right to have it always appear on the right side of the screen, just maybe change the image?

Well that's it in my brief over view...over all it is an excellent site which has been fine tuned. I am a designer, and thus am super picky. You have the experince with tweaking the site and I am sure have tried a number of combinations, so I have no idea if my suggestions will better your site. I more so made them to see if I could catch things you have not considered. It is also 2 in the morning so my words may not make sense, if you are confused by anything I said please ask me for clarification. If I come across some extra time I'll take a more in depth look at it.

Comment

Great feedback RedTalon, that is exactly why I posted it, and why I emailed everyone I can think of, feedback like that give me perspective into what people see/think and its very valuable... I really appreciate you taking so much time to help me out...

to comment on some of your points;

* the links... I noticed the contrast issue too, just not sure what to do there, I have some of the same thoughts as you do on why its good and bad...

* body.png .... thats by design, I just liked how it tied the site to the background, so it wasnt so much a box on top of a backgroun, in retrospect it probably would have been good to soften the edge, or expand it, of the right side

* h2 beveled corners ... I like them as is, only because it is consistent with the outer edges of the body, where light grey meets dark... so I will keep that... but I see your point as well

* subpages ... couldnt agree more, its on my to do list to make an image for each of the main sub-pages. I have lots of items still on my list to take care of, but wanted to get it live to back up a postcard mailer campaign that started yesterday. Another item on the list is how poorly the portfolio page looks, its just a cluster...

Thanks again! awesome feedback, all points will be genuinly considered and thought through

_Austin

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Glad I could help Cap, let me know when you make some changes. I'd like to see the progress you are making on it.

EDIT:
                          After having a second look I have another suggestion for the green links. Right now I assume you are only using one shade of green, but due to the property of the eye reading color different based on the colors background, it looks like you are using two shades of green. So that is actually what I would do have two shades of green, and for when you use green on a light background use the darker green. Of course you will never be able to get the greens to match on everyone's screen, however you can get it closer...or if anything increases readability with out losing your current look.

Comment

good call on the links :D

i will let you know as I make updates

thanks again

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Very nice site, clean, simple and to the point. ( I find the green text a little hard to read. )

Where did you get your stock photo's from? They are nice pics and I am looking for a source of stock photo's myself.
                              |TG| RoadWarrior

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X