Newegg's Super Saver Shipping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newegg's Super Saver Shipping

Heh.. So I go and buy a new THumbdrive off of the ever so reliable NewEgg.. and see that I get an option for Super Saver Shipping.. Well..it's like $2.99 or something...and on a $30.00 purchase I figure why not. The standard would have been like $6.50 or something like that... Now I know that NewEgg Ships out of New Jersey and living in PA means I can get an order normally from them in like 48 hours with flat shipping. But watching this DHL super saver.. it is interesting.. IN reverse order:

2/3/2009 5:27 AM ET HEBRON, KY, US TENDERED TO USPS
    2/2/2009 7:26 PM ET HEBRON, KY, US ARRIVAL DESTINATION DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY
    1/31/2009 9:46 AM ET RUTHERFORD, NJ, US DEPARTURE ORIGIN DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY
    1/31/2009 2:50 AM ET RUTHERFORD, NJ, US PROCESSED
    1/30/2009 4:55 PM ET RUTHERFORD, NJ, US ARRIVAL ORIGIN DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY
    1/30/2009 4:00 PM ET EDISON, NJ, US

Now.. I know they want a reason to charge more... (The Shippers).. but why Bypass my state completely ..to sit in KY..only to be transferred to the US Postal Service?? Couldn't they just have put a stamp on it in NJ and send it then? I mean..it would have been here in 3 days anyway...

The Logistics of the Shipping industry amazes me (I mean in a good way..) but sometimes it's like they are just screwing around to prove a point... (pay more get better service..pay less get less... )

Ah Well..
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: Newegg's Super Saver Shipping

Well I think it is partly due to the fact of where they have their distribution centers, and also partly due to the fact that if you choose standard shipping and it comes in 2-3 days why would you pay extra for 3 day shipping.

Comment

Similar happened to me when I ordered something a little while ago, and I live in NJ. But more often than not I receive my order from New Egg a day or more before they say I should get it.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

I usually get my orders on time as well. I guess DHL was having a bad day :)

Originally posted by Lorax74 View Post
        Similar happened to me when I ordered something a little while ago, and I live in NJ. But more often than not I receive my order from New Egg a day or more before they say I should get it.

Comment

I had a HORRIBLE experience with it when they were calling it Egg Saver Shipping. Still used DHL tendered to USPS though.

Basically I ordered some earbuds (they were shipped from the TN distribution center) and still didn't have them even after the 7 business days and when they finally did arrive via USPS on something like day 13, the package was all torn and banged up.

However, Newegg customer service shined yet again because when I told them the deal on business day 8 they overnighted another pair to me at no charge. Overnight shipping was ~$25 and the earbuds only cost $20.

That experience soured me on the free shipping. I'd rather pay ~5 and know for sure I'll have it in decent shape and in a few days time and be able to track it. Once the package is tendered to USPS it's in a void as far as being able to track it. When I called USPS on business day 8 all they could say is the latest it would take is another 15 days.

Comment

Wow! I’ve never heard of this before and I think they’re awesome!
            DO my utmost powergolding and enjoy happy daily life....

Comment

I guess DHL was having a bad day
              It's DHL what do you expect? DHL has ceased all of it's domestic shipping and all of it's operations are overseas. If you want it there by a certain time use Fedex or UPS. DHL is the worst, That is why it goes to the USPS then to you because they don't have anyone to deliver it!!
              sigpic

Comment

Dell used to use DHL and they were awesome.

Then DHL went to pot and fedex stepped up to screw it up.

I had the same problem with the Newegg saver getting handed off to USPS... it took 9 days to get some laptop ram from CA to Dallas, TX... I am right between two of the distribution centers and I get 9 day delivery.... the worst part was they handed is off in Las Vegas.... couldn't even get to Albequerque with it, huh?
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I have had the DHL-USPS thing pulled on me twice from newegg recently. I bought Crysis:warhead and it took like 10 days, and NOD32 antivirus and it took like 8 day. It would have been so much faster if they had just dropped it strait in the USPS and sent it with book/media rate.

Newegg needs to drop DHL soon or they are going to get some bad rep.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
                    Dell used to use DHL and they were awesome.

Then DHL went to pot and fedex stepped up to screw it up.

I had the same problem with the Newegg saver getting handed off to USPS... it took 9 days to get some laptop ram from CA to Dallas, TX... I am right between two of the distribution centers and I get 9 day delivery.... the worst part was they handed is off in Las Vegas.... couldn't even get to Albequerque with it, huh?
                    There is a reason why it is so cheap for this type of shipping and that reason is because they are in no hurry to get it to you so it lingers in there system until they decide to throw it in a can and ship it out. There is no profit in it for them so why push it through their system?

When DHL announced they were ceasing their domestic operations it was a race for Fedex and UPS to grab as many new accounts as possible. But after looking at the nearly 3 million packages DHL dealt with on a daily basis only about a third were even worth making an attempt to control. That just gives you an idea of what kind of company DHL was and anyone who passes their fregiht to the USPS to deliver is in bad bad shape.
                    sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X