X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA brings Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 to the PC

Bit of interesting news just released:

EA brings Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 to the PC

Battlefield 1943 will be released this summer and from the sounds of things will be a revamp of the original 2002 Battlefield 1942 game using DICE's Frostbite engine. According to the press release, "The game offers endless hours of 24 player multiplayer action over three classic and tropic locations; Wake Island, Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima." If you are going to the New York Comic Con this weekend you can go to EA's booth to see the game.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: EA brings Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 to the PC

24 players?

Comment

Here we go agian woot!!

Comment

*chokes on his GI K rations*

Couldn't me have a Korean War game? Maybe? Or WWI? Spanish American War? Civil War? The Crimea? Sino-Soviet war? WWII in China? Zulu War? Boer War? Any other damn war than world war II? Spanish American War! Teddy Roosevelt! Colt Dragoons! Cavalry without horses! Oppressed Puerto Ricans!

Comment

1943 is three maps and download only - so don't get too excited, BF3 this is not.
          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Hooray! Wake Island...again...yet again.

Comment

Just found some video of it, looks pretty good:

http://www.vg247.com/2009/02/05/firs...shows-bombing/

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Can we hope that Bad Company 2 will be a sort of "BF3" when it arrives to the pc? Not just 24 player like 1943?

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwlL4GdZ5WY&fmt=22[/media]

Im not sure the engine can handle those player numbers superfast. I think bf3 should be dx10 capable, Im not sure frostbite can do that.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

this is aimed 100% as a download game for consoles
                    24 players
                    maybe no server browser, maybe console lobby system
                    maybe no squad system ! maybe the silly dumbed down squad system of bad company
                    I am expecting a console port, a fun cheap game with the battlefield name slapped on it
                    I will buy it and enjoy it, enjoy it for what it is and not expect anything like the big battlefield games of TG servers

Comment

What about BF Heroes?

http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/

Comment

Waaaaahhhhh! I miss the BF1942/DC days!!! I miss the 64 player mayhem! I miss having a Battlefield game that actually worked properly! I hope that someday, we can return to the glory days of a game that's even half as awesome as BF1942.
                        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Way to raise hopes EA, and then crush them.

POE2 Developer

Comment

BC 2 looks like the main game here.

I see 1943 taking a new path into the BF world. Actually more like another EA product, SIMS.

My guess is this game will cost about $20 and include a few more maps or bonus maps later on. Then they will release each Theatre of War seperate for $20. That way we pay a total of around $80-$100 depending on how many Theatres of War they make. Each as small downloads though so they can be sold online. I also imagin that the "micro transactions" will be heavy on this game.

Time will tell I guess.
                            Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Think they'll actually give us widescreen support this time? :p
                              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X