• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EA brings Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 to the PC

Originally posted by DrakenViator View Post
    Where have I seen this style graphics before? Oh right NOW I remember... :D

"Technology sure is Impressive" - and painful

~ Draken
    What? This looks quite good to me, not like the greyed out graphics of GoW or GTA4 and I honestly don't see much bloom in this picture. Plus, it's a clear sky in the middle of the pacific, it's supposed to be bright.

Comment

Gametrailers has some ingame footage of this "pre-alpha" up:
      http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45234.html
      former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post

Gamers (In my opinion) are not looking for a game that ANYONE can play but rather something special that they can dig into and develope with.
        I think that is the secret sauce that is missing from the newer mainstream games.

I am not avocating the rationale in my previous post, I am just stating how they view the business. Grass roots development in gaming is a dying art as the big publishers consolidate the business.
        |TG| RoadWarrior

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
          I understand they look at it from a business point of view. Everyone does that, even mods to see who their target audience is.

I just flat out disagree with their decisions. Look at Heroes for example. It is totally made for the "casual" gamer. It is about as dumbed down as it gets. However there is almost no buzz about it and the project has come close to being canceled multiple times.

Then look at the most popular games out right now. World of Warcraft, Counter Strike, Call of Duty. While each is not super realistic by any means they offer players depth in a challenging and rewarding environment for mastering them. If Dice built games for the MAIN gamers out there and tapped into those mega numbers, they would get 100x the return on their investment. Instead they keep dumbing things down and wonder why nobody is playing their new games.

Gamers (In my opinion) are not looking for a game that ANYONE can play but rather something special that they can dig into and develope with. Dice and EA just do not get that and it looks like they never will. As a long time Battlefield 1942 fan, this is just absolutly devistating to me and I just hope another team will come along and show us how it is done, much like mods have. IMO mods like PR, PoE, OPK, FH, FS, and others have been doing a better job with no budget and a staff that works on their spare time.
          100% Agreed.

Comment

I do really like the destructibility of the Frostbite engine. I think that the BF series will benefit because of it. I don't think that BF1943 is the right game, nor keeping the BFBC series alive. And this is coming from someone who got the Beans, Bullets, and Bandages achievement quickly. BFBC was good, but the series can get way better.

EVERYONE wants a BF3.

Comment

Originally posted by kevlarorc View Post
              What? This looks quite good to me, not like the greyed out graphics of GoW or GTA4 and I honestly don't see much bloom in this picture. Plus, it's a clear sky in the middle of the pacific, it's supposed to be bright.
              Take a look at some of the in game footage that has been released... (I'll admit early Alpha but still)

Also I understand the value of it 'being in the Pacific it should be bright,' but why is it so bright I feel like I need sun glasses?

I think this is going to be a 'wait and see' game for me...

~ Draken

Comment

Ea sucks. That's all there is to it. I hope to god one day, some other company will form and pick up where EA failed miserably. This is the second sickening thread I've read today. Thank you though for bringing this to my attention. Next Stop: Redwood City, California.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter View Post
                  Ea sucks. That's all there is to it. I hope to god one day, some other company will form and pick up where EA failed miserably. This is the second sickening thread I've read today. Thank you though for bringing this to my attention. Next Stop: Redwood City, California.

POE2 Developer

Comment

Update

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail...leaseID=379310

Comment

"We want to offer gamers the most accessible online shooter experience and the best value found in any premium download title with Battlefield 1943"

lol.. wtf... which is english for... what exactly?

Comment

<---- Will be sticking to PR

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X