No announcement yet.

Ghost Recon deal on Steam this weekend.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Recon deal on Steam this weekend.

Ghost Recon, GRAW, and GRAW 2 for $20.00

Not a bad deal.

Re: Ghost Recon deal on Steam this weekend.

Check with the folks in our GRAW forums. I believe some have purchased GRAW from steam and are having major issues trying to play custom content.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Comment

Bah, always a catch!
      "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
      -- Red Forman

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
        Check with the folks in our GRAW forums. I believe some have purchased GRAW from steam and are having major issues trying to play custom content.
        On the steam forums there is talk that these issues have been fixed. I am following the directions to see if it works.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
          On the steam forums there is talk that these issues have been fixed. I am following the directions to see if it works.
          Let us know in the Graw forums the out come. We have players that can not play the custom maps on our server because of steam.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
            From what I have researched, STEAM has an exclusive copy for distribution via the web. This copy will not work with the mods, I contacted the clan in Germany who has redone the logic in the new mods and the exclusive copy will not work with them. Sorry. Check ebay, you local big box stores, I found 5 copies ay my localÖ

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
            George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
              Yes, please keep us updated. If it works here, I'll get it on Steam. I'm not willing to futz around with disks, though.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Sorry for the bad news but I did what was recommended and I still get errors.

This is the first time I am truly disappointed in Steam. It is going to make me think real hard about buy a multilayer game from them again.
                Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I'm buying it anyways. The games are a lot of fun and well worth the $20. Hopefully they fix the errors.

Comment

GRAW2 Steam version seems to be patched up and working for multiplayer (and custom content). If you already got it from Steam and can't connect to multiplayer games check this thread for a solution:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/ghost-r...ml#post1210737
                    former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X