Gilligans Island

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilligans Island

Ok... you are stranded on a tropic desert island with a buff PC or platform of your choice and a broadband connection (... don't ask how this is possible, just roll with it, ok).

What 3 games do you want to have to play until you are rescued? Lets just say you will be there for a while because noooobody on TeamSpeak believes you when you say you are stranded on a tropic desert island.
    LawnDart

The second mouse gets the cheese

Re: Gilligans Island

Originally posted by lawndartleo View Post
    Ok... you are stranded on a tropic desert island with a buff PC or platform of your choice and a broadband connection (... don't ask how this is possible, just roll with it, ok).

What 3 games do you want to have to play until you are rescued? Lets just say you will be there for a while because noooobody on TeamSpeak believes you when you say you are stranded on a tropic desert island.

Battlefield 2

Battlefield 2142

Battlefield Bad company 2 (PC)

Maybe I sound like a Battlefield Nutt ! But Battlefield is the game that just keeps giving ! The tons of Mods just give it never ending replay value. Oh and if I ever got off that Island I would hunt my teamspeak friends down like dogs !

DESODE
    Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Since I have broadband, probably a good MMO to keep my busy, as long as I have broadband, I should also have access to my bank account, thus being able to pay a subscription fee. I know I have money, because just before I was stranded, I had gone on my paid vacation. So I'd any good MMO, (not WoW though.)

A good FPS, probably Battlefield 2, but then again I'd be playing alone, so that would kind of suck.

I found a loophole in this, because I'd have access to my steam account, which gives me almost unlimited amount of games to play. ;)

Comment

yeah a good MMO will kill time and Resident Evil 5!!
        If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

Civ IV because it is always a good game and eats up hours upon hours.

WoW because I just find it relaxing to play.

The last one is the hardest one. I am assuming I am going to be on the island for a long time. Years.

BF2 is my initial choice (if we can download mods) but it is coming to it's end of life. Really I would prefer something like ArmA because it has more depth. But, again, will there be players in a year or two?

Probably I would defer my third choice. What ever is best of the OpFor, ArmA, Battlefield sequals.
          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

BF2142 because I <3 it.

Left 4 Dead because of replayability and all the SDK potential.

BF2 for all it's mods.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
              Civ IV because it is always a good game and eats up hours upon hours.

WoW because I just find it relaxing to play.

The last one is the hardest one. I am assuming I am going to be on the island for a long time. Years.

BF2 is my initial choice (if we can download mods) but it is coming to it's end of life. Really I would prefer something like ArmA because it has more depth. But, again, will there be players in a year or two?

Probably I would defer my third choice. What ever is best of the OpFor, ArmA, Battlefield sequals.
              I'll go with your first two, and my third will be Tetris!
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

BF2

ARMA

And Space Empires V

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
                  BF2142 because I <3 it.

Left 4 Dead because of replayability and all the SDK potential.

BF2 for all it's mods.
                  Here here. Couldn't we cheat with Steam, since i can just download all the games on my account.
                  |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Final Fantasy 1
                    Final Fantasy 10
                    Battlefield 2 (For PR)
                    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

BF2 (and mods), for the great PR/PoE2 play at TG.
                      BF2142 (and mods), again, for TG.
                      TF2, 'cause I often like to play this game with my RL friends.

It was a tough choice between Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead and Fallout 3, I love them all so much!
                      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                        I'll go with your first two, and my third will be Tetris!
                        You are correct sir. A dead simple but challenging game is needed.

I personally would go for FreeCell. Actually I would go with a collection pack of card games that includes FreeCell, Hearts, Spades, Spider Solitaire and others. Online play would be a bonus.

The hours I played Spades and Hearts on the ship attests to those games long term enjoyment factor.
                        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

WoW,
                          BF2 (+mods)
                          CS:S
                          :D
                          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Battlefield 2 + mods
                            C&C 3
                            Space Empires V