Fire Eagle: native Windows Mobile smartphone client

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Eagle: native Windows Mobile smartphone client

If you're interested in testing a Fire Eagle UPDATE client that meets the following description, please PM me:

* native Windows Mobile (5 or 6) application
    * Compact Framework 3.5 (free download, but not included in the phone by default)
    * requires unlimited data plan
    * doesn't require GPS, but can use it
    * sends no location data anywhere other than Fire Eagle**

It's just a hobby project I'm working on, and the software is far from finished, but to the point that I wouldn't mind having some intelligent friends try to help me break it.

** The source isn't open (talk is cheap, but I plan to open it in time), so you'll have to make yourself comfortable with my claim that I won't know your location.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Fire Eagle: native Windows Mobile smartphone client

Hi there, I work on the Fire Eagle project. This sounds really cool. I've linked to this post from the Fire Eagle Twitter account which will hopefully help you drum up a few volunteers. If you need any help with anything, you should come and join us on the Fire Eagle Yahoo Group. I can't link to the URL unfortunately because I haven't been registered here long enough.

Comment

Please do put a link here to the group (and to the page from which you linked to this thread, please). Simply replace any "http" with "hxxp". It won't be clickable, but it gets the job done.

I'm having a lot of fun writing this software. I do have a problem, though.

This software is more mashup than it is invention. I've found open-source code online that performs the requisite functions (finding the cell tower, performing the kinds of encryption Fire Eagle requires, etc), and my "contribution", if any, will simply be putting it all together to become a Fire Eagle client.

I need some help learning how to properly credit the folks who have (on the pages where I found the code) invited others to use the code, how to request permission from those whose (online) code I've used without explicit licensing that allows re-use, and other similar questions.

So, yes, thank you for saying hello, and please do direct me to the resources you have.

Also, how did you find this thread in the first place? I'm curious.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Ok, I guess I'll ask it...

Why exactly would something like this help me?

I'm not trying to be "cute" nor am I saying anything negative about this program/system/application. I visited the website and I don't see any reason why I would want Yahoo and god knows who else having my location information.

Maybe I just don't get it. :\
        "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher View Post
          Why exactly would something like this help me?
          Such a great question. I've created a thread to address it.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...vices-lbs.html

Comment

This client is now public.

http://hineini.codeplex.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X