Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left 4 Dead 50% off weekend on Steam

Only $24.99!!!

Get it, kill zombies with others, be a zombie and kill others. Love it.

Seriously.
    "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
    -- Red Forman

Re: Left 4 Dead 50% off weekend on Steam

Thanks for posting this up. I rarely keep track of all the price drops on Steam and luckily having viewed this forum I grabbed the Recon pack last weekend. Now, I'll be able to score Left 4 Dead. I told myself I never wanted to pay full price after I played the demo. But I can live with 50%.

:P
    "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

They extended it through today as well. An amazing value considering what it provides now and the DLC (free!) that will be coming in the future.
      "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
      -- Red Forman

Comment

I ended up getting it and played through the campaigns today. I'm definitely glad I didn't pay full price. Now don't get me wrong... it's a decent game (fun, good graphics, sounds, controls, etc). But, the game gets repetitive. Same movements by the infected... same sound... same death animation... it got boring to me.

I tried the multiplayer and I definitely found that in the dozen different games I played... you'll almost never get a game where everyone works together. There will always be the one person who snatches the un-needed (for them) and last medkit... runs off on their own... runs in front of your fire to get kills... and then shoot you in the back when you're standing still (even while you're crouched of all things).

It was exactly how I experienced the game during the demo and it hasn't changed much since (not that I really expected it to). There are of course the few that do make the game enjoyable and the AI teammates are smart enough to stick with you. With everything scripted it makes it hard to reply it over and over for me. But then I'm only still in my first 15 hours of the game.

Thus far I've beaten the campaigns on easy and normal and will move on to the other two difficulties. I'm glad they had the price cut and I was able to benefit from that. On a sidenote... I had a friggen zombie dream last night. :\

Comment

Try advanced difficulty... I was sort of breezing through things on Normal, but maybe I had good teams. Advanced is much more fun, and you usually only survive by the skin of your teeth at the last horde. I've been loving it.

I've been playing with friends every time. Maybe that's the difference.
          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
            I've been playing with friends every time. Maybe that's the difference.
            I don't doubt that it is. I've been playing Advanced the last hour or so with three or four different teams and each time they ran off and did their own thing. Worst part... I always ended up getting killed while they took off.

One guy let his whole team die while he sprinted to the safe house. :\ His reasoning... "I didn't want to play that level again".

Comment

LOL! :D

ok, here's the deal:

1) Normal is actually "easy", Advanced is really "normal", and Expert is "advanced".

2) IMHO, playing this game in single player is about as fun as playing wiffle-ball by yourself. It's a game you HAVE to play with friends.

3) Join the steamgroup <click here>, befriend some of the members, and hop in one of the TG servers.

:icon14:

Comment

There's a reason why Single Player isn't the first option on the menu. =D
                -- Red Forman

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X