• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have and AWD car you probably won't enjoy this

Here's a little towing story...

http://www.autojunk.nl/clips/view/152095

Re: If you have and AWD car you probably won't enjoy this

5 freakin days on the street. I think that is excessive by any standards.

Personally i would be thinking civil suit against the towing company for unecessary damage to the vehicle though.

Comment

That's a bloody disgrace!

All towing companys should have towing dolly's that they put under the rear wheels of 4x4 cars....

However that said, I have seen several 4x4's getting towed here in SF by their front wheels. This causes HUGE damage to the transx box of any 4x4 with rear wheels rolling whilst fronts are not moving.

I can understand that the couple may have been waiting for the parts to arrive, however I would have had a local Audi garage come collect it with a set of loaner wheels.

Either way, this should now be a lawsuit against the towing company and the city council for the damage caused. These damn city councils need to learn that they simply cannot treat peole's property with such little respect.

Step forward Mr lawyer!
      BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Thats therrible seeing that car being pulled by the bumper. I would totally agree with a huge lawsuit for the towing company. that is just negligent
        |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

Seriously, they tow cars in DC for no reason. A buddy of mine had his car towed, and left a block from where he parked it. He thought it was stolen, so he called the city to report it when they told him it was towed to a location one block away from where it was originally parked. They couldn't offer him an explanation as to why.
          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I would have been PISSED if that was my car! That was just retarded how they tried towing it off. Couldn't they have even BOTHERED to notify the car owners in a situation like this before even attempting to tow it off?
            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

That is absolutely ridiculous. What a fiasco.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Perfect example of lack of communication between city authorities.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                  Seriously, they tow cars in DC for no reason. A buddy of mine had his car towed, and left a block from where he parked it. He thought it was stolen, so he called the city to report it when they told him it was towed to a location one block away from where it was originally parked. They couldn't offer him an explanation as to why.
                  True. I went into the city to do some of the museums and the car got towed. What a nightmare!

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
                    True. I went into the city to do some of the museums and the car got towed. What a nightmare!
                    If you go on a weekend, just park in the "permit" spots on the west front of the Capitol on either side of the reflecting pool, instead of trying to find on-street parking. All those spots are open to the public on weekends... doesn't seem like they're ever full, either. There are metro stops nearby on the north and south sides (Navy Mem/Archives to the north and Fed Center SW to the south), and the museums are only a modest walk away.

I very, very rarely drive my (4WD) vehicle into DC unless I'm having it valet parked, or we're parking in the Capitol permit spots on the weekend.
                    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I cried.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                        I've had that happen. They often will do that to move you out of the way of rush hour traffic if youre parked on a main thoroughfare, say if you are parked on Constitution by 4PM, they will just tow you up onto the curb and ticket you.
                        |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Just another reason to Metro in, if you can.
                          "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
                          EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
                          PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

Driveways in D.C. Now a No-Parking Zone

http://www.wtop.com/?sid=1659296&nid=695

Beverly Anderson is mad as hell. She just started to get tickets for parking in her own driveway.

That's right. The District of Columbia is ticketing people who park their cars in their own driveways.
                            |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Oh wow. Now it's official. D.C. is retarded.
                              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X