Looking for a gap in the market!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a gap in the market!

Right now my school's having this project where you're supposed to have a niche business idea, then layout a business plan etc..

I thought about a sort of 'express' PC ambulance, people call us, we drive to their home asap and fix little issues. For example a frustrated wife is alone at home and doesn't figure out how for example install a printer or something like that.

Any other ideas, just hypothetically, it can also be product inventions or somethin...

Life's too short to live it fast.

Re: Looking for a gap in the market!

In a market where everyone is being fired..be a career counselor

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Does it have to be computer related? I always wished there was a business around here (and I know this exists) where someone would deliver any kind of food you wanted. You call and say:

"I want a double whopper meal with a coke from BK, a Grilled Chicken meal from McDonalds, and 2 Gorditas from Taco Bell"

They'd go to the three places... charge mileage or whatnot and then deliver. I think the printer install thing is ok, but I don't think even the average person would call for specialty help for that. Not with economic problems. But to save on gas, time, etc and have food (which you can always count on to strive in this world) delivered to you... I think is pretty plausible.

By the way...

I thought about a sort of 'express' PC ambulance, people call us, we drive to their home asap and fix little issues. For example a frustrated wife is alone at home and doesn't figure out how for example install a printer or something like that.
      That's called Geek Squad. :P Not an ambulance so much as a Volkswagen. ;)
      "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

doesnt have to be PC related at all, nice idea both of u,

i like Punisher's idea though, good call!

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Repo man.
          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

For me I love the convinience of what Punisher is talking about but applied to several areas of consumption.

I love that I can order a pizza online and have it delivered without ever having to talk to a person.

I think online instant ordering of items is key and could be applied to so many things including services. Need a taxi, order it via your computer, want to have building supplies delivered to your house - online.

Now I'm sure this already exists in some places but if you can apply it to something new or rare then you would have something IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by creepin View Post
              ...a frustrated wife is alone at home and doesn't figure out how for example install a printer or something like that....
              hahaha, have you considered making "niche" movies ;)

Comment

Punisher. Around here you can get a Taxi to pick things up, I think...

if not I know of companies around here that will deliver anything. Generally they are considered just liquor delivery, but they can and will pick up other things. For instance, in Kitchener they are called B&D Deliveries.

Comment

Check this for business ideas

http://blogmaverick.com/2009/02/09/t...ource-funding/

and then this

http://blogmaverick.com/2009/02/17/t...s-plan-update/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement