Game recomendation needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game recomendation needed

So, I'm looking to get a new game. I'm not sure what to look for though. I want a FPS, but not a direct "Guns blazing" game. I really like Splinter Cell; I have all of them. I like more tactical gameplay. What do you guys like? It doesn't have to be a new game either.

Re: Game recomendation needed

One word...Project Reality!
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Single or multi player?
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

if your looking for a multiplayer game I second Project Reality.

Comment

COD 4 here on TG servers is great, but the maps are small when compared to PR. The custom maps are a great addition and address the size issue.

That said I just dug out my copy of BF2 and grabbed Project Reality 0.85 and I am thoroughly impressed with it. I find its a nice balance between COD and ArmA. ArmA is a great game but requires a good deal of time and patience, something I don't have currently. COD is much faster pace but still tactical for the most part. PR sits nicely in the middle offering a decent amount of action, tactics and room to move without being as sim oriented as ArmA.

If you have the time though ArmA is great but has a bit of a learning curve as it is more sim oriented and requires time to learn the controls etc.

Comment

Online, check out CoD4, CSS, and maybe PR. PR can be very very long though and CoD4 and CSS are shorter games.

Offline I have to highly recommend Mass Effect, Fear 2 or Far Cry 2.

p.s. dirt that's 2 words :P

- -

Comment

L4D is popular here. It's a guns blazing game but there's a lot of tactical gameplay coupled with it. I'd wait until they do another price slash like they did over the weekend. It's $50 again

Comment

I was thinking of Cod4...hmm...
                I have BF2 and I think the PR install is around here somewhere....

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                Single or multi player?
                Anyways, I was really wanting something with a good Single Player mode. I have played lots of 2142 for a while and while I'm not gonna stop, I'm almost done with my last splinter cell game. I want a good single player FPS, and I really like the stealth genre. I don't know of others for PC outside of Splinter Cell though. Multiplayer is secondary.

Comment

CSS check it out!

Comment

The original Ghost Recon is fantastic, has a single player campaign, and has aged well in my opinion.

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter has a fun and highly scripted single player campaign. Smaller squad size, though, and you can't take control of your other squad members like you can in original GR. I haven't played GRAW2, but it's probably very similar to GRAW1.

They're not really stealth games, but it is highly worthwhile to avoid contact in many of the missions, especially in original GR. In GRAW, you're often funneled into scripted combat situations that you can't really avoid, but they are still fun.

Comment

I just bought GR and GRAW. GR is fun. It doesn't look modern, but it isn't and I actually like that.

GRAW is still downloading......

Comment

Looks like I'm getting GRAW2 as well.

Comment

hokay fine... I'll put in the token plug for Left 4 Dead :D

Originally posted by Lorax74
                          "It’s The Zombie Apocalypse. Bring Friends."

...preferably friends with good situational awareness, tight communications, solid fire discipline, and great marksmanship!

By now you've likely seen the TV commercials. If you thought Left 4 Dead was a kid's game of mindless zombie blasting, you couldn't be more wrong! Hundreds of players from across TacticalGamer.com - from Armed Assault to BF2142 to Project Reality and Counter Strike:Source - are hooked on this incredibly immersive and cinematic experience! In L4D, teamwork isn't mandated by server rules - it's required to survive!

Left 4 Dead takes home three of IGN 's Best of 2008 awards!

Best Multiplayer Game
                          "In a sea of multiplayer games, it's easy to get lost in the humdrum monotony of it all. Yes, deathmatch, team deathmatch, and CTF are all great modes, but they've been done before. While Left 4 Dead's gameplay might not necessarily be revolutionary, its post-apocalyptic zombie setting and refined cooperative mechanics all add up to a rare and refreshing experience..." [read more]

Best Shooting Game
                          "Valve continues to deliver titles that veer from the established norm. With Left 4 Dead, an online shooter with a strong emphasis on player cooperation and interaction, the developer yet again delivered a polished, unique, and wildly entertaining product that's near impossible to dislike..." [read more]

Best Use of Sound
                          "It's hard to convey a sense of fear and dread when you're playing an online game with friends, but somehow, Valve has managed to pull it off... [read more]

Stop by the L4D forums and find out what all the buzz is about! Or, better yet, return that sock warmer from grandma and get yourself something you actually want for Christmas!

Comment

If you want a really great SP then I would run and grab a copy of Fallout 3. It is kind of a FPS/RPG. I strictly play FPS with a sprinkle of strategy games and thoroughly enjoyed Fallout 3 - don't be scared off by the /RPG.

You can also replay this game in several different ways.

MP for it - I have no idea if it even exists?

Comment

Shoot, you just missed this sale!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2264/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X