The next graphical juggernaut to rival Crysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next graphical juggernaut to rival Crysis

"Our mission is to bring video games to be recognized as the art forms they are,"
    said Colin, Co-President and project lead of Type 3.
    "We also want to push the envelope in all aspects of a game, be it game play or storyline.
    Each section of our games will have an equal amount of attention paid to them, for a
    gaming experience that will invoke the same emotions and thoughts as an art film."

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?op...12025&Itemid=1

http://www.moddb.com/games/type-3

Re: The next graphical juggernaut to rival Crysis

They need to start making games as games. Entertainment that can last hours on a computer screen but at the same time can be played by MOST computers. I could care less if it's the greatest graphical giant... if it wont play on my computer. I know some people did upgrade or buy new systems for Crysis, but I would NEVER buy a computer for a game.
    "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

I just hope it'll be as good as it sounds and not just a boring shooter with exceptional graphics like Crysis was. They certainly are promising something though...I'd love to read more about this.

Comment

Agreed with Punisher, to many games now focus just on the graphics. Who cares that it looks good when your bored after 10 minutes. Some of the best games were just simple games.

Comment

Nothing wrong with pushing the envelope on graphics! Innovation is always good!

- -

Comment

I think scalability is key. I personally like to push my computer to bring out the best balance of perfomance and visuals in a game. If the game can be tweaked via in game menus then the people with uber computers can see all the eye candy and the rest of us can modify as needed to still enjoy the game.

I think most games now have a good look to them, I haven't found that most games now have great game play. I would take todays graphics with tomorows features and story lines.

Comment

yeah i completely agree with you guys.. story is the most important part of the game.. and the fun on it too..
              games that has only good graphics and no fun and story is just plain boring..
              If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

It's about scalability.

GTAIV for the PC can push the limits of my 4870. Though for me it's more CPU limited because I only have a dual core 2.8GHz 5600+
                "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Well. I could care less.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                  The BigC

Comment

Thats the exact reason why i like to play bf2. the game is nearly 4 years old and it is still one of the most epic games immaginable. I could play that longer than i could ever play the COD series. It just gets so old but bf2 keeps on giving after playing for over 2 years
                    |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

Games cannot be all about graphics I agree. While I expect a game nowadays to have at least polished graphics, it's not everything.

I still go back and play the original Fallout not for the graphics, but because the writing and story are top notch.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                        Nothing wrong with pushing the envelope on graphics! Innovation is always good!
                        Innovation? Wheres the innovation in better graphics than the rest?

a game with better graphics is released several times a year, and is the most predictable thing in the games industry.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

Originally posted by warpig1292 View Post
                          Thats the exact reason why i like to play bf2. the game is nearly 4 years old and it is still one of the most epic games immaginable. I could play that longer than i could ever play the COD series. It just gets so old but bf2 keeps on giving after playing for over 2 years
                          I don't know if I would call it "epic"... ok I definitely wouldn't call it epic... but it is a decent game. Good blend of decent graphics, and gameplay (controls, vehicle options, etc).

Unfortunately as long as people buy these high tech games like Crysis... they'll keep making them bigger (in terms of graphics). Some idiots (and sorry if this applies to you, but it's STUPID) actually bought computer systems JUST for Crysis. That shows these companies that graphics are in demand... even if the majority can't play it, or want more involved games (with stories, options, etc).

But with the economy the way it is now... these companies are going to start to get a rude awakening. Look at Left 4 Dead... they had more sales with the half price campaign than when offered at full price. People don't care to pay full price for these things much anymore. A game like this (or like Crysis) will need to demand full price to make up for the time put into it. I just think they'll be surprised when they don't get it.
                          "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher View Post
                            Look at Left 4 Dead... they had more sales with the half price campaign than when offered at full price. People don't care to pay full price for these things much anymore.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher View Post
                              Some idiots (and sorry if this applies to you, but it's STUPID) actually bought computer systems JUST for Crysis. That shows these companies that graphics are in demand... even if the majority can't play it, or want more involved games (with stories, options, etc)
                              I just put together a Q6600, 260gtx system so that i could play PR (mostly) on high everything. I know it sounds like a bit of overkill and i do plan on loading up some more current games but TBH i havent been that impressed with many of the newer games released. Ive got my hopes up for the new total war title and COH expansion but as far as multiplayer, mulit-assented, combined arms games, BF2 stands alone.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X