UK residents, check your mail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK residents, check your mail

I got 8 brand new energy efficient light bulbs through my door this morning from my power company (e-on) for free, they aren't the cheapy ones either. Just spent the last 20 minutes changing all the ones in my house. :)

http://www.defra.gov.uk/ENVIRONMENT/...oducts/cfl.htm

POE2 Developer

Re: UK residents, check your mail

8 would not even cover my dining room chandelier.

I have always put cfl's everywhere I could put them, as soon as I moved into a place, and I had a nice collection of them that went with me from place to place... but they didn't even put a dent in my house.

it took me 300 bucks to change my new house over with all cfl's. 97 bulbs in a 2000 sq/ft house... insane.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

wow, how did you get that many bulbs in the house?? I have the same size house, but no where near 97 bulbs, probably around 30 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post

I have always put cfl's everywhere I could put them, as soon as I moved into a place, and I had a nice collection of them that went with me from place to place... but they didn't even put a dent in my house.

it took me 300 bucks to change my new house over with all cfl's. 97 bulbs in a 2000 sq/ft house... insane.
        In the UK we don't build huge houses for everyone due to Land restriction, planning permissions, Population per mile squared etc etc, 3 bedroom Semi detached is the norm and that's about 10 bulbs

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post

Maybe you should use slightly less bulbs then? 97 is a stupid amount to be using and utterly excessive.

8 bulbs is enough for all my rooms here except the store cupboard.
          Looking forward to the savings in the future.

POE2 Developer

Comment

first... 2000 sq/ft is about average in the US (most go to a second floor and/ or basement to double or triple that for very little extra $$$ comparatively.

As for the number of bulbs, the guy I bought it from went crazy on lighting fixtures. I brought with me lamps and such that ate up 20 (I have some lamps that take anywhere from 2 to five, and I put 3w cfl's in them to get from 40w to 120w of equivalent incandescent. The chandelier in the dining room takes 9, every closet has one, the hall has three fixtures with 2 in each, all 6 rooms has a ceiling fan with 4, the bathrooms each have 8 (6 above the vanity and two in the ceiling), the pantry has 3, the laundry has 4, there are 6 outside, and there are 4 in the kitchen.

this does not include the 4 6ft overhead florescents in the kitchen, or the 6 under and 6 over florescent cabinet lights in the kitchen...

the only incandescent bulbs in the house are the 4 night lights in the top of each of 3 of the ceiling fans, and the bulb under my daughter's lava lamp.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X