Blood Bowl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Bowl

Brothers and Sisters! Boys and Girls of all ages above thirteen! We come together, day in, day out, for two things! Number one! Tactics! Number two! Doing Murders!

Here, now, for the first time, is a game that combines these two loves as one! Behold! Blood Bowl!

http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/videos/index.php?video=1

Can I get a Yes?!

Can I get a Hell Yes?!

Waaaaaaagh!

Re: Blood Bowl

Haha, that was really weird but looked like it could be fun.

Comment

Looks like Warcraft/Lord of the Rings meets football.

Comment

Is this the new XFL?

Comment

It's actually, literally, Warhammer Football. As in, you take the races from Warhammer Fantasy and they hike, pass, and murder each other. Complete with terrifying ork cheerleaders.

Comment

I have the board game. There was an old dos game, but it was buggy and sucked. This looks GOOOOOOD

Different teams by race.
            In the board game, the characters increase stats as they earn experience. You earn money by game and can hire cheerleaders, team wizards, etc... It was pretty cool.
            "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
            Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
            " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

yeah it is more of a World of Warcraft football to me..
              If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

It is set in warcraft world, same races etc..

I can only describe the board game. Not sure exactly how the computer game would play out.

give us more of what we want to see!
                B
                L
                O
                O
                D!

If you don't like it you're a dirty old troll
                what do we want? BLOOD BOWL!
                Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by whitelancer11 View Post
                  yeah it is more of a World of Warcraft football to me..
                  You have to keep in mind, the first Warcraft game was supposed to be a Warhammer game, but Blizzard couldn't get licensing rights to the Warhammer IP. Warhammer and Warcraft look the same because, more or less, they are the same thing, with Blizzard having changed just enough to avoid a copyright lawsuit.

That said, do you have anything against a WoW football? Haven't you always wished that Tauren had a 'punt gnome/dwarf/goblin' button?

Comment

Warcraft football? Isn't that called Warsong Gulch?

(For those not familiar with WoW, WSG is a game-within-the-game with a capture-the-flag game type. There are also several other FPS-like games in WoW with different rulesets. For example, Arathi Basin is WoW's Battlefield Conquest game type.)
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

What? Warsong Gulch is for wussies! You can't bribe the ref, or have a treeman stomp on your skull. BLOOD BOWL is a MAN'S/ORC'S/DWARF'S/GOBLIN'S/LIZARDMAN'S/UNDEAD'S/ETC'S GAME!
                      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Indeed Blood Bowl is an awesome strategy game, dont let the apparent goofiness of it fool you. I am a very long time player of Blood Bowl and highly recommend it.

To get a feel for the game you can play a java version for free against hundreds of other players on FUMBBL. And the rules are free to download from the blood bowl main site.

The game being pointed out in the OP of this thread is a newer version with all the whammydyne graphics etc that are expected in a modern game, but it seems they are remaining true to the board game rules as well.

If you are on Fumbbl feel free to look me up, my coach name there is BlackBart :)
                        It's not what you know,
                        It's not who you know,
                        It's what you know about who you know.

[TG]BlackBart / [TG]FatalCure

Comment

So, Blood bowl is out via Nexway (Direct Download out of Europe) and will be available retail and via Steam come September. I bought it because I have no patience, and I'm glad I did.

If you're fans of the tabletop game at all, BB is pure awesome. If you're not familiar with the tabletop game at all, there is a rather steep learning curve and you have to get yourself into the mindset of bloodbowl, which is that your players are all going to die and you're going to lose ;)

I had no problems with the download company, and it may be possible to link the CD-key to steam later.

If anybody wants to crush me in a game, Feel free to drop me a line through any of the IM's I've got listed in my profile.
                          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

OMG _ there used to be a game similar to this in the '80s that I used to play in the arcades! Blood everywhere! (of course 2D graphics and all that) Can't remeber the name, but it was hilarious.
                            I got yer Dancing With the F**&ing Stars right here!!

Comment

Yeah, there was a game called Chaos Somethingorother that was based off BB for Arcade/Sega Genesis. Had little clouds when two dudes got into a scruff as I recall. I probably still have a copy laying around somewhere.
                              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X