Tribes 2 Anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribes 2 Anyone?

Who here played Tribes 2? I hate to sound like a spambot, but Tribes 2 is having a rebirth movement. Tribesnext.com hosts its own master server as well as full downloads of the game. Its entirely legal, since Vivendi allowed and still allows you to download T2 from places like Fileplanet; they just stopped giving out free CD-keys, and shut down their master server. So if any Tactical Gamers care to join me at what I sincerely consider the best shooter I have ever played (and a very team-oriented shooter at that) I'd be more than happy to teach them how every class having a jet pack makes this game more than a FPS.

PS. I used to map for Project Reality, so I'm not exactly a stranger to TG. I'd -really- love to see some TG-tags out there again. That's right, I'm pretty sure I first encountered TG in Tribes!

Re: Tribes 2 Anyone?

There is a thread already, but I don't know how many people are playing it.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Oh man I havn't played this game in forever.
      |TG-Irr|TanithGhost
      100 pixels height is too small people.

Comment

Wow...this is excellent! I was a huge Tribes player back at the beginning.

Great to have around for those late-late nights, or with our PR server going down a lot recently.
        |TG-6th|Belhade
        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Great game, I might just jump back in and play some more. I used to love to be defensive turret farmer.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I've been playing it a bit since TribesNext came out, it works great, and there are actually a few active servers.

Some awesome work going into TribesNext, they've got a login server up (it even goes though some crazy password encryption phase when you make a new account) and they're working on restoring many of the community features and adding new ones.

http://tribesnext.com/

Comment

InstantAction (AKA Garage Games) acquired all the intellectual property for the entire Tribes franchise late last year, and has just released Starsiege Tribes (AKA Tribes 1) as a free web game.

http://kotaku.com/5171349/instantact...ur-web-browser

Some of my teammates have collected some interesting blog comments here. (Requires forum registration to read.)

http://forums.eldergaming.org/index....ad&postID=5278

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I got around to installing TribesNext, and actually got pulled away from WoW for a couple nights of fun. I plan to jump back in this week and play it some more.

If you have multiple CPU's (ie. multicore), be sure to read the FAQ to see how to run the game with "affinity", locking it to one core. The game was coded before multicores became popular and has an important design flaw that requires it be run on only a single core. (The symptom of the problem is stutter, due to it thinking it's jumping backwards and forwards in time.) I recommend setting it to run on your 2nd core for more probability that it will get a core to itself.

Comment

Freeware Friday showcases Tribes 2:

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/01/...iday-tribes-2/

Comment

Check out the servers still running this game:

http://www.maxogc.net/tribes/t2/master.php

(Goon Haven is considered one of the more popular servers.)

Comment

Tribes 1 and 2 were sweet games ! i still have my cd for tribes 2 but i cant seem to play it on my vista , quad core pc any help ? .. what about a channel for players in TS ?

Comment

What problems do you have playing on your Vista quad core? Have you checked the TribesNext site for a possible solution?

Comment

Hey scratchmonkey i downloaded the update but i still cant play online ? i can play solo fine on my pc but i cant get my online working ?" version check fail "

Comment

when i try to run game i get "c:\dynamix\tribes2\gamedata\tribes2.exe is not a vaild Win32 application" ? see others have this problem on fourm but dont see a fix ?

Comment

This looks relevant:

http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=106.0

I haven't tried running the game in quite awhile so I don't know what the current state of affairs is.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X