Language on the servers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Language on the servers.

Is there some particular reason the "console" will edit out [the medical term for the birth canal] but still allow people to say [that my team, metaphorically, is composed of female canines]?
    ---
    Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Re: Language on the servers.

Probably because if you're using one in reference to a sexually based insult, you won't hear it on regular TV. Are you talking about "Vagina?" Or are you refering to what we call a cat? I don't think I've even heard someone use Vagina as an insult, only the more derogatory version.

Bitch is rarely used in a sexually explicit way and is said on basic TV "six-ways-from-Sunday."

Comment

Well, yes, I'm talking about vagina. (That's why I said the medical term.)
      ---
      Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Because it was designed by humans and humans are imperfect.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Well, yes, I'm talking about vagina. (That's why I said the medical term.)

Originally posted by Wyzcrak

I dont think I read that right O.O

Comment

Sniper, you should have read it more like:
            Originally posted by Switchcraft
            Is there some particular reason the "console" will edit out [the medical term for the birth canal] but still allow people to say [that my team, metaphorically, is composed of female canines]?
            Originally posted by Wyzcrak
            Why the console edits out vagina but not p**** [cat] is backassward but, like Wyz said, due to those imperfect humans.

Comment

Well, to my knowledge the "cat" word is also censored. I'm not really preturbed by it, I just find it amusing that on someone's list of things they couldn't bear to see on-screen, "vagina" beat out "bitches" by any margin.
              ---

Comment

I'd rather see vagina anyday. Hmmm, that didn't sound quite right...
                Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

So...wait. The "cat" word is also censored? That's good. As for "bitches" vs. "vagina"; I'd allow them both. But that's me, I think the TG server will do different.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
                    I'd rather see vagina anyday. Hmmm, that didn't sound quite right...
                    Sounded right to me! :icon19:
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Anyway, yeah. Two of them.
                      ---

Comment

Originally posted by Switchcraft
                        Anyway, yeah. Two of them.
                        You are a lucky man.
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Isn't there a list of words for that plugin? IE, a modifiable list?
                          [volun2]
                          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Yeah, and vagina wasn't added by us. I'm sure it came stock.
                            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

How about 'taint?

The Muffin Man

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed