Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TacticalGamer Empire Total War Steam Group.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacticalGamer Empire Total War Steam Group.

Well since there is no real forum section dedicated to General Game discussion, nor a forum dedicated to the Total War franchise, I thought I'd post it in here. Admin, feel free to move it if you feel it belongs in another sub-forum.

With the release of Empire Total War, an official group is now available to the TG crowd, friends and family alike.

So make sure to leave your rusty bayonnets at the door. Step in and welcome to Tactical Gamer: Empire Total War.

Regards,
    |TG-22nd|Xmaster
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tacticalgameretw

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Re: TacticalGamer Empire Total War Steam Group.

I guess since there's no other place to discuss this game and to refrain from starting another thread here...

... is anyone else let down by how the game plays? I ended up downloading the demo from Steam and it is DEFINITELY not at all how I thought it would be. Sure... there's still the RTW style battles (lots of units out on the field at once controlled by you). But, with the guns it ends up being this attack from afar game and even the demo was boring REAL quick. I played it one day trying different things out and haven't touched it since.

I'm rather disappointed.
    "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

First patch is out:
      * Fixed Alt-Tab issue which prevents players from switching away from a full screen window
      * Fixed text rendering for certain resolutions
      * Fixed localized font overrun issues.
      * Fixed a variety of crash and memory leak issues
      * Fixed a variety of multiplayer client lock
      * Fixed trade nodes for those nations with resource in home region which caused unprofitable trade theatre routes eg: Sweden and Marathas.

There is a constant support program in process which is using your feedback as well as our own testing. We are currently working on the next update which will be available early next week.
      Source: http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...formation.html

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
      The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher View Post
        I guess since there's no other place to discuss this game and to refrain from starting another thread here...

... is anyone else let down by how the game plays? I ended up downloading the demo from Steam and it is DEFINITELY not at all how I thought it would be. Sure... there's still the RTW style battles (lots of units out on the field at once controlled by you). But, with the guns it ends up being this attack from afar game and even the demo was boring REAL quick. I played it one day trying different things out and haven't touched it since.

I'm rather disappointed.
        Do you like any game here at TG? Seems like you rag on every game mentioned here.

Comment

Guess you haven't checked too many of my posts. I've played plenty of the games TG supports:

ArmA
          BF Series
          CoD Series
          L4D
          R6 Series

... and there's only a couple games being played that I've outspoken about not liking. So I don't know what you're talking about... because it's all rubbish. I still play all of the games listed above and have even picked up a few games that this community plays as well. Some of which I play, some of which I found out I didn't much care for.

But having played the Total War series from the very beginning... this new game doesn't do it for me. Just because I don't like it (and I'm guessing you do by the need to comment) is my own opinion. I was asking if anyone else felt let down by THIS game. Whether or not I like any other game here is irrelevant to the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher View Post

I'm rather disappointed.
            I think the battles are far better than the past TW games personally. Empire is just much more strategic and tactical than their past titles. Surprisingly though I'm very let down by the campaign mode, the turn based aspect is too simple and the diplomatic part is also too basic. The campaign mode has already gotten old, but the battles online are really great IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill Jay View Post
              [...]but the battles online are really great IMO.
              Even more since we dont have to bother with sh!t GameSpy anymore!

The BigC

Comment

Will there be an Xfire group for Empire? My Steam friends/community in general hasnt worked for over 2 years.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
                "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

There isn't a exclusive xfire group.
                  But you can join the TG: Strategy Games Group http://www.xfire.com/clans/tgsoasegroup/

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill Jay View Post
                    The campaign mode has already gotten old, but the battles online are really great IMO.
                    Yeah I played the demo battles a few times after beating the enemy. There's only so many ways to win those two maps. I don't think it included an MP version... at least I never tried it.

But I personally liked Rome the best out of all of the games in the series. With the Total Realism mod... it was fun conquering the world as Greeks. I like having the huge variety of units (horses, camels, elephants, swords, spears, arrows... etc). Playing the demo it was... guns, and bigger guns. :P There were some horses... but it seemed pretty bland to me.

You have to remember this is a time period where line battles were commonplace. It seems like that's the way to play the game too (you could of course flank them which is what I was doing in my fights).

I guess I'm just not a line battle person. I never liked that mod for Half Life with the muskets, and I don't like playing mods in other games (like Mount and Blade) with guns either. But then I like First Person Shooters and games like Company of Heroes... go figure. :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X