Please help my friends win a free wedding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help my friends win a free wedding

My friends entered into a contest at a local car dealership. The winner of the contest gets an all expense paid wedding. They are truly awesome people and deserve the prize.

The contest is basically a popularity contest, in which the couple with the most votes by March 31st wins. They are in second place out of about 100 couples, but the first place couple is way ahead (300 votes). If you guy could take 5 minutes and vote for them, they and I would greatly appreciate it.

If you register alone, you get 1 vote per day. However, if you fill in some fake info, such as a made-up name and plug in the car you currently drive, you can get up to 15 bonus votes. That is 16 votes for 5 minutes. However, anything helps. If you have a few extra minutes, please vote for them!:

http://feldmannnissangiveaway.com/Details.aspx?wid=10

Re: Please help my friends win a free wedding

I voted for Ron Paul. :p (Obscure reference to the claims by rival candidates that his supporters stuffed online polls.)

How about this couple?

I'm wondering why a couple that can afford to tour Europe and ski the Alps needs a free wedding from a car dealership?
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Do you know how expensive a wedding is?

Comment

Depends. I've seen them in 5 digits, and this one looks like it might be 6. But it need not be that way. I think my mom's last wedding was in the low 4 digits. She rented her lodge hall for the ceremony and party and got friends to volunteer a lot.

I can't imagine ever getting married in a traditional shindig, because I can't imagine blowing that kind of money on what's essentially a 1-day party. (I am not a party lover. I don't do well even when the party gets over about 10 people that I know well.) For me, the ideal wedding would be in some remote area with a very small circle of friends. It's the decades that follow that are the important part to me.

But a lot of girls get brought up with the Barbie Fantasy (or insert your favorite "happily ever after" fairy tale). The ultimate day of their life is supposed to be the wedding. Might as well shoot them after that, as everything else is downhill.

To me, a fancy wedding is as big a waste as a bunch of executives flying to DC in their private jet to beg for a bailout.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
          I'm wondering why a couple that can afford to tour Europe and ski the Alps needs a free wedding from a car dealership?
          I'm right there with you. Not worth my time to vote... Sorry.

Oh, and my wedding cost was definitely in the 4 digit range. I understanding wanting a bigger, nicer wedding, but that's not what's important...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X