No announcement yet.

For all your power generation needs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all your power generation needs...

http://www.hyperionpowergeneration.com/index.html

I want one. :)

Re: For all your power generation needs...

.......Miniature nuclear reactor for private sale - I dont understand why the FBI isn't having a total Hayday with this...

Comment

Wait a micro Nuke plant?

Is this concept or reality?

~ Draken

Comment

Is this concept or reality?
        Close to reality it looks like, although their coverage by the media went a bit overboard.

From Hyperion's website...
        Hyperion on CNN and BBC TV

We appreciate the coverage but would like to correct a couple of statements.

We intend to deploy the first Hyperion units within about five years.

The Hyperion Power Module is not designed to be placed in the typical “back yard.” Like any power plant, it has specific site requirements.

The Hyperion reactor will power approximately 20,000 American -sized homes, or, a military installation, bring energy to a disaster zone, or provide power for mining operations.

Hyperion licensed the original reactor design from Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). LANL is not responsible for Hyperion’s commercial efforts nor our technology.
        I still want one.

Snarlin

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
          .......Miniature nuclear reactor for private sale - I dont understand why the FBI isn't having a total Hayday with this...
          The amount of nuclear material within the reactor is neither weapons grade nor large enough to reach supercritical mass.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/sandbox...-no-nukes.html
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

So do they put the uranium in at the factory, or do you just put some in a coin slot or something and it powers up?
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Already have a prototype installed in my underground missile silo i have converted to a zombie apocolypse survival compound..works great :)

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Has potential but is also scary. I would like ot have something similar to this myself but I would be one of the first statistic #'s of the person that mishandles their power generator.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                    Has potential but is also scary. I would like ot have something similar to this myself but I would be one of the first statistic #'s of the person that mishandles their power generator.
                    "Yeah, I was trying to overclock it and was just going to tweak it a bit to try to increase the speed and power when a loud, low hum started and next thing I know I'm waking up in my neighbor's tree...."
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Just don't accidentally make a Higgs Boson!

Highly-recommended is John Ringo's "Into the Looking Glass":

http://www.johnringo.com/Books/Intot...1/Default.aspx

Order from Amazon.com

(The sequel, Vorpal Blade, is what Star Trek would be like if it was written by a Marine.)

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

This is pure fantasy.... If even most of the countries don't have the resources to handle nuclear wastes and the knowledge to give proper maintenance, how would the citizens do it?

The future of energy efficiency will be renewable energies, building and houses with no thermal losses and cogeneration plants everywhere with the ability to produce hot and cold water to distribute. This is how I see the future.

EDIT: I just saw the "Letter from the CEO" and it changes everything, it doesn't exists and they even don't have a clue of how they will put it to work.
                        Last edited by Jorge.PT; 03-15-2009, 07:37 AM.
                        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Highly-recommended is John Ringo's "Into the Looking Glass":
                          I'll highjack my own thread and second this recommendation.

Some of his other stuff is excellent as well, but there are a few that aren't for the faint of heart.

Posleen War Series. Excellent...but only the stuff he wrote himself (the first four books). The co-authored stuff...bah...not so good. Ever wonder how one man can survive the epicenter of a nuclear explosion?

Looking Glass Series. Once again...loved what he wrote himself (the one recommended here), but the rest of it I could do without. Even with Ringo's name as a co-author it just didn't read the same to me.

Council War Series. Loved it.

Paladin of Shadows/Ghost Series. Liked it a lot. But this is the one that's got a lot of strange (bondage, S&M) stuff in it. You probably don't want your significant other reading over your shoulder...or then again you may?

Empire of Man Series. Haven't read it. Next on my list.

I read "Princess of Wands" last month. Shrug. And I have about 40 pages left in his latest "The Last Centurion". So far...excellent.

For "Military Science Fiction", and "Military Sci-Fi/Fantasy"...if there are such categories...Ringo's at the top of the list.

Snarlin

Comment

Originally Posted by CingularDuality
                            "Yeah, I was trying to overclock it and was just going to tweak it a bit to try to increase the speed and power when a loud, low hum started and next thing I know I'm waking up in my neighbor's tree...."
                            More like a flash and being pinned to the tree with the control rod.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SL-1

Comment

Originally posted by Snarlin View Post
                              Looking Glass Series. Once again...loved what he wrote himself (the one recommended here), but the rest of it I could do without. Even with Ringo's name as a co-author it just didn't read the same to me.
                              The second book is the one I like, with the submarine converted to a starship carrying marines to save the Earth from some pretty weird aliens.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X