Honda Civic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Civic

So I'm really thinking of trading in my 02 Elantra for something better. My dad recently got an 08 Honda Civic and it's really nice. Gets great MPG too. Anyone have any other experience with the newer model ones? I'll probably go 08-09.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Re: Honda Civic

Honda Civics are excellent reliable economy cars. There weren't any major changes between the '08 and '09 models; so if you really like the '08, you should be set with the '09.

Comment

Oooh...My subject mattter........

Like Sordavie has already said, Civics are fantastic and economical cars.

Pros:

Reliable
      Economical(MPG and Service/Part cost),
      Comfortable
      Good build quality for the price.

Cons:

You may not like the latest dashboard lay out(cosmetic)
      Not a very powerful engine for the performance oriented
      You will have idiots ask you if your car is "Modded"...

That is an very abbreviated, and general pro vs con evaluation.

Bottom line, there most likely isn't a car that's better in that category or price range.
      |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Solid, reliable, economical, and there isn't a mechanic who won't tell you it was built by car lovers - an easy car to work on!

Comment

This past summer I need a car and had to decide between the Civic, Corolla, and Mazda3. All three had good points, but my wife didn't like the way the Civic or Corolla looked, so we went with the 3, and are pretty happy. I think you should drive all 3 and see who has the best deal at the time. Considering even Toyota even has 0%, there are a lot of good deals.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Yeah, with the stimulus incentives and great dealer financing it's really hard to say no.

I've been eyeing the Nissan Spectra too. It looks a little better on the outside I think, but I have absolutely no experience with them. Any thoughts?

From what I read, it's almost the same car.

Comment

A few months ago a canadian car show drove a bunch of "economy" cars to see which would go furthest on the same amount of gas. The Corolla won, the Civic was close but the surprise was the Vibe. There were other cars. I'll try to get you a link later, if you're interested.

Comment

The Corolla does look a lot better than the Civic, and has better gas mileage. I'm thinking it's toss up between the two. I know if I go to the same dealer as my dad did I'll get free tires for as long as I own the car which is a HUGE plus. Decisions, decisions.

Comment

You can't go wrong with a Honda or Toyota economy car. I ended up with an '06 Scion Tc after comparing it to the '06 Corolla, '06 Mazda 3, and '06 Civic (the last generation model). They were all in about the same price range, but the Tc comes with the same 4 cylinder engine Toyota puts in their Camry and lots of standard features like dual sunroof and 17" alloy wheels. The drawback is that it gets mid-sized Camry-ish gas mileage. If I were to choose today, I'd probably go with the new generation Civic.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
                    The Corolla does look a lot better than the Civic, and has better gas mileage. I'm thinking it's toss up between the two. I know if I go to the same dealer as my dad did I'll get free tires for as long as I own the car which is a HUGE plus. Decisions, decisions.
                    Sorry but the Civic is better looking than the Corolla. The Corolla is a bit conservative. The Civic, especially in white, is a beautiful car.

Either of them is very economical but you can lay that to waste or improve on it based on your driving style. Going on looks alone, between the Civic and the Corolla...I would go with the Civic.

Comment

I don't know, I've only seen pics of the new Corollas on the net. I'm going to try to drive my Dad's Civic around a bit and see how it feels. I've only ridden in it before.

Going to have to test drive the Corolla to see about that too.

Definitely gotta get the taxes done so I can figure out how much I can put down on it when I decide.

Comment

I have a Mazda 3 hatchback. I bought it back in 2004 and it's still a blast to drive. The Corolla gets superior gas mileage, but it's SO boring to drive compared to the 3. The Civic's a fantastic car, but has low torque. I'm partial to the 3, but you need to drive everything out there to see what feels the best. Also, don't rule out Hyundai. They actually make pretty good cars these days.
                        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Oh I know, I love my Elantra. It's just an 02 and the back end sounds like it's coming off when I make right turns above 20 Mph. I don't like how they style their cars now. I like the Sonata, but it's to big, costs to much and gets less MPG than the two I'm considering.

Comment

Have you considered the new Kia Soul? It looks like they are targeting your age segment with this product and the car looks pretty different and like it is really functional. It's a small hatchback, which means that if you lower the back seats you can carry more/bigger stuff around, if needed.

You should also look at the Nissan Sentra. I am driving an older Sentra as my daily beater and a colleague of mine bought one of the newer generation. We both really like this little car. Mine is at 195000 Km...that's 121167 Miles. I haven't driven the newer one but mine can zip around very nicely. It's nimble and a pleasure to drive. It can get up to 100 Miles an hour with relative ease and I can even push it slightly past 110 Miles an hour, which is not bad considering that it's a tiny car with a small engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X