Bucket List - Things to do before you die

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucket List - Things to do before you die

Anyone care to share some items on their "bucket list"? This is far fetched, but I really want to travel to space (or at least the upper atmosphere) one day and look at the earth from above. Hopefully this is possible within the next 50 years for less than an arm and a leg.

Re: Bucket List - Things to do before you die

To much to list and a lot I could not list here but simple version is win the lottery making me rich then travel the world.

Comment

Kill a man in Reno, just to watch him die?

Slaughter, butcher, roast, and eat, in the company of friends, an entire ox, buffalo, horse, or boar. Accompanied by one or more kegs of mead.

Fight in (another) duel.

Learn to play fiddle

Travel to Mars, or any other inner planet.

Build a robot.

Learn a programming language.

Learn to speak and write Chinese.

Get an elective cybernetic implant or limb replacement that enhances the function of whatever it is replacing.

Connect to the net without the use of an external device.

Get staggeringly drunk in a robotic car that drives itself without human input.

Participate in a sporting activity in zero G, or a sport activity in which the players utilize powered suits.

Comment

While most are too explicit to list one would definitely beto learn and be fluent in 3-5 languages. (French, Spanish, German, Russian and Chech)

Comment

Learn to fence well.
          Go into space.
          Augment myself in some way (perhaps a cybernetic eye).
          Fly an aeroplane and a helicopter.
          Program a robot that will do my bidding.
          Replace a limb with a chainsaw/gatling gun/rocket launcher/flamethrower.
          Drive a car on the ceiling.
          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
            Drive a car on the ceiling.
            Well aren't you lucky that there is currently a car that can already do just that.

[media]http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/buyers_guide/saleen/s7/2006_saleen_s7/saleen_s7_twin_turbo_road_test/saleen_s7_twin_turbo/saleen_s7_twin_turbo_image_001/354759-1-eng-US/saleen_s7_twin_turbo_image_0011_gallery_image_larg e.jpg[/media]

Comment

Wing-suit BASE Jumping.

http://technology.todaysbigthing.com/2009/01/06

My plan is to become a fairly well-paid software engineer (which is realistic, I get good grades in high-level classes, I have a natural ability with computers, using Linux as I type. The demand for software engineers is only going to increase, according to the US Department of Labor), take skydiving lessons my days off, then take a few weeks here and there to base jump on smaller scales, then I take maybe two months off to go to Norway or somewhere in northern Europe to learn how to wing-suit base jump.

That is my goal in life. I don't need to become a frequent or professional base-jumper or anything. I just want to do it at least once. Then I can retire, die, work more, I don't care.
              Waldo II

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
                This is def. on my bucket list.
                Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankManik View Post
                  Get an elective cybernetic implant or limb replacement that enhances the function of whatever it is replacing.
                  I keep getting spam offering that. Want me to forward it to you? :p
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X