TG Membership Question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Membership Question...

So.. I'm thinking of becoming a supporting member. I asked someone if I could do a money order through mail but that isn't possible. So I decided to make a PayPal account and donate through there.

My problem? The recurring subscription part. That means every month 8.95 will be taken for the donation? I was thinking that the donations were given when the user designates a month for donation.

I'm 16, in the military, and low on money. I'm awaiting my military's pay soon though, but I don't think I am ready for a recurring membership of 8.95.

Is it possible for me to donate for a month or two and after in the future donate when I deem fit?

Thanks.

Project Reality: |TG| Dragyns
    TG Supporting Member, and Serving Canadian Armed Forces Member
    Canadian Forces Land Force Command - "Vigilamus Pro Te" We Stand on Guard for Thee

Re: TG Membership Question...

As far as I know, you can start and stop the subscription as often as you want.

Comment

You can cancel the subscription in paypal.
      Here are the steps to take to cancel it.
      https://www.paypal.com/en_US/ebook/s...ellations.html

Comment

Would the cancellation have to be on the last day of the month?
        Also, if I join an IHS, would my membership in that squad be terminated until I renew my subscription?

Don't see me as a cheap person though, I'm trying my best to support the TG Community with the little that I have. I don't have 80.00 for a yearly subscription in my bank account right now, and yes I read that thread where it gave tips on how to reach that 80.00 goal, but for now a 8.95 stop-and-go subscription is the best thing for me at the moment...

Canadian Forces Land Force Command - "Vigilamus Pro Te" We Stand on Guard for Thee

Comment

I've brought this thread to the attention of the admins that handle the money side of things.

Off topic, but important, is the fact that we have restrictions on the sizes of image allowed in your forums signature. Please review the restrictions here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...mitations.html
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

You pay up front for that month's membership. You can cancel any time during the month and you retain you membership for that month. Canceling simply tells Paypal not to pickup next month's bill.

Kudo's to you a) for serving your country and b) for supporting TG, especially on a limited budget :icon14:

edit: damnit cing, you're too fast.... and FWIW I don't "handle the money side of things" - just happen to know how this works because a 12th member or two were in the same predicament as you in the past.

Comment

Ah, its still over-sized? Alright, let me fix that right away.

Thanks.

Alright, it says that I will be using eCheck and it will take approx. 6-8 business days for TG to receive the money. Does this mean my subscription starts in 6-8 days when you receive it? Or will it begin as soon as I hit the "Pay" button in my PayPal?

Also, I don't think my question was answered earlier, but if I do join an IHS and my subscription is not renewed for next month, would that mean my membership in that IHS be terminated?

Thanks.

Comment

File Type To/From Name/Email/Phone Amount Date Status Details Action
                Payment To Tactical Gamer -$8.95 USD Mar. 30, 2009 Uncleared Details
                Subscription Creation To Tactical Gamer ... Mar. 30, 2009 Active Details

Okay, thats whats been done already.
                I am a first time PayPal user and I'm utterly confused haha. So, that payment would have been made for the month for the month of April I presume. Now to cancel this subscription, I need to wait 6-8 days for you to receive the payment or can I just cancel it right away?

Comment

Your subscription is good for one month from the day you get it. So if you got it today, it would run until the 29th of april (I believe). Your membership takes effect the day TG receives the money.

Once you see that the money has been transferred out of paypal, you can cancel anytime and nothing will happen.

If you are in an IHS and you lose your SM, you are *SUPPOSED* to be kicked out immediately. Most IHSes have an unofficial grace period of a couple days because sometimes people get annual memberships and forget what day they have to renew on. But in your case, I wouldnt recommend attempting to join an IHS until you're ready to commit to a solid and constant membership to TG. As I said, the grace period that most IHSes have is only a couple days, nobody is going to take you in if you dont intend to keep your SM.

Comment

Thanks for supporting and willing to put some of your hard earned dough into this community.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                    The BigC

Comment

No problem.

I have a silly question now; am I set up for the TG servers as a SM? (i.e. Kicking <player> for SM...) Also, for the TG email address?

I'm pretty slow at this kinda stuff!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by C7A1 View Post
                        No problem.

I have a silly question now; am I set up for the TG servers as a SM? (i.e. Kicking <player> for SM...) Also, for the TG email address?

I'm pretty slow at this kinda stuff!

Thanks!
                        Go to your user CP, edit details, you need to enter your «game player ID» so the server «knows» you as a SM

Steam ID:
                        Example: STEAM_0:0:1234567
                        Battlefield 2 Player ID:
                        Example: 12345678
                        Battlefield 2142 Player ID:
                        Example: 12345678
                        ArmA Game ID
                        ETQW Player Name
                        Your EXACT ETQW Player Name
                        Call of Duty 4 Key Hash (GUID)
                        Enter your GUID # for the Call of Duty 4 game
                        Call of Duty 5 GUID
                        Your player GUID for Call Of Duty 5: World At War.
                        Frontlines Key Hash (GUID)
                        Enter your GUID # for the Frontlines Fuel of War game

For BF2, you can go here put in your player name and look in the browser search bar:

here's an example the PID=49435025

And thanks for helping pay the bills!

Link to the SM only forum :)

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Alright, well the site doesn't recognize my CanadianForces-C7A1 account, so I'm going to use my old BF2 account's PID. The problem is, its a different name (Dragyns) than my forums user which is C7A1.

If its possible, can "Dragyns" be put under my username on the forums? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by C7A1 View Post
                            If its possible, can "Dragyns" be put under my username on the forums? Thanks.
                            Nope. You can send a PM to asch asking him to change your forums name, or you could add your other name to your signature...
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X