pool real world Aim points/ targets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pool real world Aim points/ targets

Greetings, have not been here for a while. would like to try open a new thread in an attempt to compile lists of possible real world aim points or strategic Targets for strategic gaming. A little open ended I know but it could come in handy in a variety of ways, for others in the future also. My aim here is to get people to contribute bits of info or links that can be collected compiled or pooled in a number of classes. For example military targets (Bases, establishments and infrastructure) , strategic infrastructure (power, production, transport networks and nodes) command and control (government, military, communication nodes) and classing these by country perhaps. Itís a large project I think, that we could develop over time and I hoped to start with larger powers like US Europe and SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) members like Russia China. If anyone has good starting suggestions and links to where one might find this kind of info it would be a fantastic start. Im personally working on future scenarios West vs SCO IN A 2020 resources confrontation.

KCB

Re: pool real world Aim points/ targets

Is this for a specific game?
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

No, its for custom gaming, and those who like the extra depth and dimension. Creating the need and use of these elements adds a lot of reality. games that use strategic or operational targets in this fashion might be Harpoon 3 ANW. but still, these games dont use this kind of infrastructure to the degree they could. this allows for complex logistics command and control the need to defend your own and degrade the opponents.

Comment

Sounds like a terrorist enterprise to me. You just want to open source a list of targets worldwide "for a game"? Riiiiight. The Feds have already been alerted and should be knocking on your door any minute now.

Comment

LOL, seriously, download Google Earth and find a thread related to high profile targets. I'm sure there are several discussions about this sort of thing already...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Dammit Cing! You could at least have played along with it a bit. :D

Comment

Think about the chokepoints in Internet transactions. There are several, although they are all incredibly well guarded (countless layers of concrete and muscle)
              Waldo II

Comment

Originally posted by Lusitano Louco View Post
                Dammit Cing! You could at least have played along with it a bit. :D
                Honestly, I'm not interested in playing. I do believe that "loose lips sink ships". I know that there's already a lot of information out there that I can't control, but I won't play a part in making it any easier for bad guys to find. And I don't know that TG would want to do that, either...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
                  Think about the chokepoints in Internet transactions. There are several, although they are all incredibly well guarded (countless layers of concrete and muscle)
                  You mean like those undersea cables that keep getting cut by random passing ships?
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Here's hoping nobody targets Margaritaville.

Comment

LOL! Let me get this right, a terror organization would try working TG forums to locate strategic targets. You got to be kidding me right?!?!??!

Comment

Maybe im taking your comments to seriously, im guessing you are just messing with the new guy?

Comment

KCB - They're making fun of you.

Even mature gamers Push buttons for ****s and giggles sometimes

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X