Counter-terrorist chief exposes top-secret documents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter-terrorist chief exposes top-secret documents

Britain's top counter-terrorism officer has quit after admitting he could have jeopardised an operation which aimed to thwart a possible al-Qaeda terror plot.

Assistant Commissioner Bob Quick resigned after he was photographed displaying a secret document as he arrived at Downing Street on Wednesday.

Raids in north-west England, in which 12 men were arrested, had to be carried out early because of the blunder.

The memo, marked "secret", carried an outline briefing on an ongoing counter-terror operation.

It contained the names of several senior officers, locations and details about the nature of the overseas threat.
    Source

The arrests were to be carried out at 02:00 this (Thursday) morning, instead they had to happen yesterday afternoon. The suspects were arrested while at university or in public, rather than in their homes.

Originally posted by Shadow home secretary Chris Grayling
    "The bit I don't understand is, why on earth a document like this is not locked in a briefcase as a matter of routine? I'd have just thought it would be blindingly obvious."
    Your thoughts?
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Re: Counter-terrorist chief exposes top-secret documents

Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

That's a pretty serious blunder for a person that's been in the game for a while. It's a good example of the trouble that complacency can get you into.

Comment

maybe it was meant to be seen? pretty huge oversight if it was on accident... You would think it would at least be in a folder normally.... loco

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Doubt it was meant to be seen, and he quit yesterday after the **** storm this stirred up. I mean, how dumb do you have to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
            That's a pretty serious blunder for a person that's been in the game for a while. It's a good example of the trouble that complacency can get you into.
            Indeed.

The British government is doing a good job of leaking their secret material right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
              Doubt it was meant to be seen, and he quit yesterday after the **** storm this stirred up. I mean, how dumb do you have to be?
              Looks like something out of 24, Where a guys is working for the terrorists, for X amount of money and he 'Accidently' Had the documents ontop of all his paper work facing all the cameras, maybe he forgot to have his cofee which left him a little zoned out.
              PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

He does have a plastic folder case in that stack he's holding. Why couldn't he just place the document in there first before getting out of the car?
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X