Recent Customer Service Experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Customer Service Experience

Okay so I contacted EA because I was livid at the fact that millions of people can't access their server certain nights:

Me: Does it not bother EA that you making people livid on Tuesday and Thursday nights? This is unacceptable of a game maker. Put the server back up. This is shameful of a top company. Everybody see's that you just take people's money and don't care.

EA Rep: Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I request you to please use the below given link to provide EA with comments and suggestions. Your feedback is greatly valuable to us and will be compiled and forwarded to the teams responsible for the specific title you've commented on. Please be advised that due to the volume of interest and feedback, we will not be able to personally respond to every email. However, please be assured that your comments and input will be routed to the appropriate team.

Submit Suggestions: http://ea.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ea.cf...duser/ask.php?

If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Thank you,

EARep Scarlett
    Player Relations
    Electronic Arts.

Okay okay, so they may have to take the server down those nights. But what makes this absolutely appalling is the total avoiding of the question. I mean come on, if I have to fill out everything about what game this is about, give me someone from that game at least. Wake up.

EDIT: You know where that link takes me? Right back to where I started asking this question... I can't simply stop playing EA games because of PR, but I felt it was appropiate to make this little stunt public.

Re: Recent Customer Service Experience

If the servers are being taken down for normal, scheduled maintenance, there really isn't much you can do. Also being disrespectful and snotty to a customer service rep (even in an e-mail) will usually get you next to zero sympathy in the real world.

Anybody who's ever worked in customer service will probably tell you they are much more willing to help resolve your problem if you're assertive, but respectful and understanding to them. Also EA is a corporate behemoth, one complaint about servers being down isn't likely to do anything.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Let me give you a little insight as to how the customer service world works, in case you havent already figured it out.

1. Customers always lie. ALWAYS. Heres a good example: I used to work as a financial care rep for a major cell phone company. During this time, 99% of the calls that I got from people began with them telling me that they had been on hold for ridiculous amounts of time. Now, I happened to know for a fact that they were lying and were probably doing it because they owed the company money and were trying to find a bargaining chip, but I didnt call them out on it. The way that I knew? We had a computerized system that tracked every single call (they were all VOIP calls coming in, so it was easy). If any of the calls in the queue were waiting longer than 2 minutes (elevated to 3 minutes during peak periods and after the automated "pay or we're going to suspend you" messages went out) before a rep picked up the phone, we got HUGE RED FLASHING MESSAGES AND SIRENS on the giant tv monitors hanging every 5 feet from the ceiling. Of course there were other ways that they lied, but I wont go into that.

On this note: dont say you were livid on behalf of the millions of nameless, faceless people that cant access EA's servers. Perhaps you were momentarily dismayed enough at the thought to fire off an angry email, but thats the extent of it. Dont "overexaggerate".

2. Short, underhanded commentary never works. This speaks for itself. Nobody will listen to "you suck, youre a corporate behemoth who doesnt care about us. fix it." What they *might* listen to is some constructive criticism.

3. 99% of people who complain about anything have absolutely no idea whats going on. Do you know why you're complaining? Sure. Do you know why what you're complaining about is happening? Probably not. This is a major corporation. Something tells me that what they're doing isnt just simply some arbitrary act to bug you. Perhaps that might be taken into consideration before telling someone that what they're doing is unacceptable.

Comment

Fighter, call their headquarters in the US, and ask to speak to someone in the technical problems department/customer server/server department, or something like that.

Be courteous and polite, and they shouldn't give you the run around.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I've never tried EA's customer service because didn't find it useful. Anyway I have contacted logitech because of my broken speaker and got so good service, that when my mouse broke I didn't want to bother them again as they were so nice last time (and I lost any prove of purchase too)

I agree that EA should add more to player friendly service etc. but if you aren't polite, you are most likely to be left unnoticed, which I see fair.

Comment

I worked with EA's customer service once. I couldn't activate my NS expansion pack, so I emailed them my problem, and sure enough after them requesting some minor info(Account name), they asked for the serial number which I completely forgot it, and I told him that I didn't remember it. After 2 days I get an email back saying he manually activated NS on my BF2142 account, and also said to have a nice day. I didn't even have my proof a purchase, yet I was still able to receive my expansion pack.

Customer Service is awesome when you don't treat them like garbage, or ask for a ridiculous task which cannot be done.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
              If the servers are being taken down for normal, scheduled maintenance, there really isn't much you can do. Also being disrespectful and snotty to a customer service rep (even in an e-mail) will usually get you next to zero sympathy in the real world.
              You don't know Fighter very well do you. That is the way he is in real life and in many posts. And he wonders why he annoys others in the forum and no one listens to him. :row__585:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter View Post
                Me: Does it not bother EA that you making people livid on Tuesday and Thursday nights? This is unacceptable of a game maker. Put the server back up. This is shameful of a top company. Everybody see's that you just take people's money and don't care.
                Now, if you'd addressed me like this in real life, I'd drag you by your ears to your father, and explain what just happened.
                Maybe I was raised in a different culture, but your behaviour is unacceptable. Whether there is a problem or not, and regardless of whose fault it may be, you need to behave like a mature adult, you need to speak in a constructive tone of voice, and you need to work toward resolving the situation.
                What you've done here is vent your own personal frustration. This is an animalistic, knee-jerk instinct that does not solve problems. It is counter-productive and I imagine purely the reason you've received the facetious and fake PR babble that you have.

A better email would have read something along the lines of:

Hello,
                I've noticed your <Game Name> main tracking servers are down on both Tuesday and Thursday nights. This not only affects the people who play the game, but also the various mods, such as <Mod Name>.
                I feel frustrated that down-time is this long and this frequent. Is there anything you can do to make the maintenance downtime shorter and less frequent? Can you forward this email to the people who are actually involved in the said maintenance?
                Is there anything that a person modifying the game can do to allow the mod to run without your main tracking servers?
                Is this an issue that is being resolved by someone, or is the maintenance time likely to remain of equal duration and frequency?

Thanks for your time.
                - <Name>

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...